All Modules In The Right Position Of My Site Disappeared

More
12 years 1 month ago #23161 by fmgoodwin
All modules in the right module position of my flexicontent site have stopped appearing.

Two days of searching and trying different configuration settings and I can't find the solution.

The module positions and the modules don't appear on pages' source code, so, from what I've read, it's unlikely to be a template issue.

Firebug does not show any javascript conflicts.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Please advise.

Francis Goodwin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #23163 by micker
hello
did you try with other template ?
it seems a joomla template problem not ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 1 month ago #23166 by fmgoodwin
micker, I tried the beez template and it shows the missing modules. So, I guess it is a template issue. I didn't think to look at a different template to see. Thank you.

I have an update for the template that may take care of this. I'll let you know.

More
12 years 1 month ago #23168 by fmgoodwin
kenmcd:

FLEXIcontent version 1.5.5 stable (r607)

Joomla! 1.5.25 Stable 14-November-2011

PHP Version 5.3.8

worldnewstrust.com/

I was planning a switch to WordPress, so updates to the site lagged. But, I've decided to stay with Joomla and FlexiContent and am working to bring things up to date.

It looks like updating the template is the most reasonable action. However, I'd like to hear any suggestions you may have about getting the modules to appear in the current template until I get the template update completed.

I come from an editorial background, but I need to work with Joomla and Flexi to achieve my news distribution goals. The technical person helping me with the site has been unavailable recently.

Thanks for your help.

Francis

More
12 years 1 month ago #23170 by kenmcd
Sounds like you recently updated a very old version of Joomla.
That would be useful to know.
So I assume this happened after updating Joomla.
Also would have been useful to know.

The release date on your template is 2008 Oct. 30 (over 3.5 years ago).
worldnewstrust.com/templates/rt_versatil.../templateDetails.xml
So there have been many, many changes to J1.5 since then, some of which required changes to templates.
Also many commercial templates include files which override Joomla layouts.
These override files also require updating.

Given that the core Beez template works properly seems to confirm this is an issue with your very old template.

As I said before, this is a Joomla issue.
Components do not control where modules appear.

More
12 years 1 month ago #23171 by fmgoodwin
kenmcd: I've been keeping Joomla up-to-date all along. It happened after removing an obsolete component, iJoomla's NewsPortal, and replacing it with a Flexi category as home page. Leaving the template not-updated was just neglect. (It wasn't broken...) And I don't understand enough to just fix things, although it seems like it's likely really pretty simple.

As I'm early-intermediate, at best, in my understanding of Joomla and Flexicontent, I very much appreciate your replies. I need all the help I can get.

Francis

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline