invalid argument in flexicontent.fields.php

More
12 years 2 months ago #23018 by WarnerP
Getting this error repeating in our error logs. Not sure what's causing it.

[02-Mar-2012 06:11:23] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../components/com_flexicontent/classes/flexicontent.fields.php on line 436

Joomla 1.5.25
flexicontent 1.5.6 RC3 (r1151)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #23024 by Rehne
Hi,

explain exactly once
in which context the error occurs on !?

usually, the error occurs if an array is empty

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() can happen if you try to do a foreach on an variable that isn't an array. Maybe it is "supposed to" be an array, maybe you thought it was an array, but sorry -- it isn't.

Regards

More
12 years 2 months ago #23026 by WarnerP
I don't know the context, honestly. I'm just seeing this error repeatedly show up in my logs. Happened after the admins had gone home for the day.

More
12 years 2 months ago #23035 by ggppdk
are you using getFields() functions in some custom module?

This could be because of easy flexi module and a newer PHP version.

is the dates while you were still using easy flexi module?

i will check my log too, but since i have PHP error reporting turned ON, i would have on my page output too

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 2 months ago #23080 by WarnerP
I'm not aware of using the getFields() function, at least not directly.
I stopped using the mod_easyfleximodule and disabled it once I figured out how to replicate it with mod_flexicontent (thank you very much). This error appears to be new as of using the mod_flexicontent module last thursday. I didn't add any code to the site, just replaced the module.

Also, does this module use the $live_site configuration variable? I was trying to fix a problem with our site with a fix that suggested disabling that variable. Once I did that, the items on our site using that mod_flexicontent module didn't show up. I turned it back on and it worked so I'm assuming the answer is yes.

More
12 years 2 months ago #23082 by ggppdk
We do not use this variable directly, but this variable instructs joomla on which URL to use as BASE.

Using this variable should not harm unless it is wrong (although it could harm or be useful when using SEF components).

If this is a bug with the mod_flexicontent module then i would like to take a quick look at page source, to see if we have a wrong path.

So you could POST a link to the site to see the error.

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline