Unable to edit in frontend [SYS SEF plg makes page white

More
12 years 4 months ago #21834 by ggppdk
I have seen 2-3 times the SYSTEM SEF plugin replacing flexicontent page with nothing. It does as other pages regular expression matching and replacement.

I remember it was the code for images or something, for some reason the parsing of fails to work as expected, maybe the regular expression is badly written, maybe you have some invalid character somewhere that confuse the parsing of regular expression.

About the SYSTEM SEF plugin running , when SEF is off, this is normal because , the plugin is enabled, it will run and of course have different behavior if you set SEF parameter to off, but it will run!!!

Please test, with it off

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #21856 by shultman
One more question.
How can parsingerror in this case make all frontediting for just Administrators & Super Administrators fail. I can anderstand if it brakes one specific article.

And the fact that it works if I unpublish the flexiaccess plugin and publish the SEF plugin.

More
12 years 4 months ago #21861 by ggppdk
no no , no parsing error, i wrongly phrased this ..

i meant to say regular expression matching wrong content, and replacing it with nothing ...
i guess it matches all page and replaces it with nothing

the extra content inserted by FLEXIaccess causes this, but i don't know why, i have seen it happen because of FLEXIaccess html and beacause of other content too.

Please test to confirm, disable SEF plugin and refresh the page to see if it appears.

I cannot find out why without studding the regular expression and making tests, that is why regular expressions are dangerous they can match stuff we never meant them to match

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 3 months ago #21919 by shultman
OK!

Sorry, Missed to confirm the SEF-plug:(
If I disable the SEF-plug everything works just fine.
But I need to have it Enabled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #21923 by ggppdk
Edit file:
plugins/system/sef.php

If i remember correctly the bug is in the regular expression that tries to make backgound image url to be sef url

Find and put in comments the lines
Code:
// Background image $regex = '#style\s*=\s*[\'\"](.*):\s*url\s*\([\'\"]?(?!/|'.$protocols.'|\#)([^\)\'\"]+)[\'\"]?\)#m'; $buffer = preg_replace($regex, 'style="$1: url(\''. $base .'$2$3\')', $buffer);

Test and report back

Regards

More
12 years 3 months ago #21940 by shultman
Hi!

Yepp, It works when I comment out those two lines of code. Can I saftley leave it like this? I searched the generated code and the background url's in there is from Docman links and a plug from ContactEnhenced to make a popup contact form.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.438 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline