Category menu item not forcing to select category

More
12 years 4 months ago #21603 by Rooney
Hi, this is not a bug but could be more user friendly and time saving in support. If one creates a menu item for a FC2 category view it is not needed to select a category. One of my clients just saved the link and I had to troubleshoot.

Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #21609 by ggppdk
mmm not sure what you mean, can you give more details?

you mean he bookmarked the link but the link does not work?

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 4 months ago #21617 by Rooney
No. If one creates a menu link pointing to a category view he or she does not have to even select a category. Means a 404 link is created. Pointing nowhere.
Rooney

More
12 years 4 months ago #21640 by ggppdk
mmm i see,
1. does it happen with SEF on or off or with both?
2. did you create the url like this :
JRoute::_(FlexicontentHelperRoute::getCategoryRoute($categories[$row->id]->slug))

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 4 months ago #21645 by Rooney
1. Both
2. I don't now what you mean. Perhaps there is a misunderstanding. The final path is something like index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=item&cid=238&id=843, but because I do not even have to select a category it is only index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=category. I go to a menu, click new menu item, choose FC Category as type and click save without selecting a FC category.

Rooney

More
12 years 4 months ago #21647 by ggppdk
You create a menu item pointing to a FLEXIcontent category view but didnot select a category?

Please do not do this, this is not supported

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline