Big problems image field

More
12 years 8 months ago #18557 by igcorreia
Hello the title is just to scared you guys :D , but indeed I have some concerns about this plug-in and a few suggestion, stay tuned.

Problem number 1: Image names
I have been notice that the images uploaded with this field they maintain the original name, what happens when I upload another image with the same name?

Problem number 2: Big lists
Imagine that I upload 100 image to then if you check the SELECT Drop Down the list in pretty extended.

Problem number 3: Folders
Could be nice for us to create folder via item submission, or allow the client to select from the sub-folder of the main folder.
Also, the only way to create folders in flexi is via FTP, so the MEDIA MANAGER of flexi could give us a little help in that matter.

Problem number 4: Thumbnails
With 100 images in a folder, my client is uploading the same image over an over again because he forgot the original name of the first image. Something like thumbnails could help

Problem number 5: Public front end submission
I have been struggling with this as you can see on this link, www.designemportugal.com/index.php?Itemid=173 bellow the description you can upload 4 images. As you notice I have removed the following data: allowed extension, alt, name, select drop-down, etc. I have only left the Browse button available.

Problem number 6: IE XXS Attack
I don't know why, but if you try to upload an image bigger that the allowed size it is giving me a JOOMLA notification of someone trying to attack the web site.
I think if the image is bigger than the Allowed size then it should be resized to the biggest format and then resized to medium and smaller.
The important is to allow the submission.

Problem number 7: Re-resize the images
Imagine that I have 100 images already uploaded to the website, and suddenly the client wants to change the size of the images, what I am thinking is that I would go to the image field, change the size, and hope that magically all image of the website that uses that Field would be changed

Problem number 8: Rotate images
Already have been asked as a feature request

Problem number 9: Multiple Upload
Files and text fields allow us to choose the MULTIPLE TIMES, and set the maximum number of times. Please add this to this field, I am trying to build Image galleries in Flexi, but I have to add manually each Image field. if you can add this than I can make image galleries in flexy, and the client can add as many images has he wants.

Problem number 10: Image to RSS
It migth be only me, or I am Wrong, but is this field RSS Standard? I want to use it will mailchimp RSS integration but I have been struggling with this. If it is not standard it does not work.

Problem number 11: Group Images
If I have 6 images to show in this item, instead of present them one by one in the website, cold be cool to only show one and the grouped in the modal gallery.

Guys, above all remember I am posting this because I love Flexy and I want to help improving it. Don't hate me :D

I have been wanting to post this for a long time, i have been gathering all the problem we have been founding and all the features request. Hope I don't forgot anything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #18562 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Big problems image field
hello big return no realy problem but feature need ...

you need a new plugin multiimage

p1: the image is overwide (normal)
p2: you need what ? thumbmail ?(100 thumbmail ....)
p3: i think it's in todo
p4: ... performance of charging 100 thumbmail .... :oops:
p6: it's your serveur limitation (i think you have a security componant)
p7: complex works because the script do a size verification and re-resize all (your serveur must crash ..)
p8: it's interesting but it difficult to rotate before upload ?
p9: the image field must use for one image not multiple
but it's in plan for evolution
p10: it possible with rss componant obrss (paid addon)
p11: interssting idea for minigalery not for image

its a great return, but
if you need some specific dev think about contact netassopro (i see a base of request) are other dev for paid plugin with your specific requestrequest

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 8 months ago #18599 by igcorreia
Replied by igcorreia on topic Big problems image field
Hy, some answers,

p1: Could we choose the format, if it is overwrigth or if it creates a news one, something like: image.jpg, image_1.jpg, image_2.jpg, also if it is overwide should the user be notified?

p2: So if I have 100 images, I preferred folder and Thumbnails, something like JCE IMAGE MANAGER. I don't know other way. Just trying to simply the client process. even with 10 images it is complicated if the images are called:
image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg
image4.jpg
image5.jpg
image6.jpg
How does the client know which one to use, without thumbnails?

p3: Folders would be nice. Thanks

p4: I understand, but with the folders feature maybe you can think on thumbnails, something like 20% quality lol just a glance of the image :D

p5: No comment? But you understood what I mean?

p6: Yes I do. Thanks I will take look then.

p7: I understand. But you guys consider better options, for this kind of "problem". The solution is easy. Get it right the first time, right?

p8: Yup, the client needs to have some kind of work, right? This one its for small businesses, that don't have designers on their companies, so the owner updates the website. In this case, because he does not know how to use Image Softwares, then a rotation feature could help.

p9: Thanks for considering, that would be awesome.

p10: Ill gave it a look. But I will struggle for this one. I am thinking to much head, like the Author template, category template and item template, you could add another column in the after category called RSS and with a Drag and drop if we could other vertically the item and wich one to use. This would be so sexy :D

p11: Yes exactly :D

Our budget is limited. But we like to help. I prefer everything in Flexi for this reasons.

Reason number 1. The Language system you implemented is awesome, is hard for the client to go to joomfish and manage all doe different setting.

The other reasons is permissions, this way I can give access only to FlexiContent.

Number 3, in terms of EDUCATION the client only need to learn FlexiContent.

More
12 years 8 months ago #18605 by micker
Yes request is interesting but to spécificité for all user ...
Do its your self with duplicate image fiels and try to ask some help on dev topic with you started code
Or buy jce plugin image to use with jce manager
regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 8 months ago #18609 by igcorreia
Replied by igcorreia on topic Big problems image field
I have JCE :D

I will thanks.

More
12 years 8 months ago #18616 by micker
regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.769 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline