[SOLUTION PROPOSED] Flexicontent + Joomfish on homepage

More
13 years 6 months ago #11408 by grabit
Unnamed,

if you modify the settings of the jfrouter plugin.

Enable Language determination Yes
Language selection for new visitors? Browser settings
Use 302 redirect Yes
Save user language in a cookie No
Use SEF prefix or Subdomains? SEF Prefix

Then delete the cookie jfcookie[lang].

Normally, you should be redirected directly to the good part of the site de or en regarding your local settings.

The only problem would be with people having that cookie even if it is not anymore valid.

If you have a solution for deleting the cookie, I am a buyer :lol:

An Apple a days keeps the doctor away

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #11411 by unnamed
hi grabit,

my jfrouter plugin is disabled because of AceSEF.
seems to be an other problem.

Is it not possible for you to edit the Cookie directly with PHP? Or delete it?

More
12 years 5 months ago #20677 by ViveLeFlexicontent
old topic bump.. so sorry if I wasnt supposed to do this, but..
I have the exact same problem, joomfish language select does not work on the homepage.
I have dutch and english, english is the default language. On the homepage when clicking the english flag it goes to the dutch url. And dutch to dutch as well.
And when I check the site's seo performance, I usually get the message:
Language
Declared: en-gb
Detected: Missing
So I found this topic here on the forum:
title: empty language selection on home-page
www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... pic#p14853
Maybe the two problems are alike. Will give the posted solution a try tomorrow..

More
12 years 5 months ago #20679 by ggppdk
You have not provided details of your FLEXIcontent items.

If you have 2 FLEXIcontent items of different languages and you are displaying your home page via com_frontpage, then com_frontpage knows nothing of the language of the items. So if you set any FLEXIcontent items of any language to be displayed in the frontpage then all of them will be displayed.

Joomfish DOES NOT FILTER items displayed , joomfish only replaces the content (title, description, alias, etc) of an article (= FC item) if a translation exists. Joomfish will never filter items, it will replace their content.

If you want you items to be filter according to the current language then you must use a FLEXIcontent category as your home page.

STEPS:
1. Create a new category called "Site Frontpage"
2. Go to the System - FLEXIcontent plugin and set this category to be unroutable (you can use control click to select more than one category). This way the "Site Frontpage" category will not appear in various places e.g. it will not appear in directory view
3. Set all items you want to appear in the frontpage to also belong to the "Site Frontpage" category besides their other categories.
4. Set your home to be the "Site Frontpage" FLEXIcontent category
5. Enable language filtering to filter items by current language (i imagine you have done this already)

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 5 months ago #20695 by ViveLeFlexicontent
Oh.. but ofcourse frontpage is still com_content lol, Thanks ggppdk! Took me a while to understand this solution, even though it's quite simple :) Difference between flexicontent structure and site structure can be confusing at times.

And my frontpage consist of modules, no items. So I mostly manually created separate versions for the languages and this works. Although I need to find a way to change to mostread and latestnews modules to only show links for the active language.

More
12 years 5 months ago #20696 by ggppdk
You can use FLEXIcontent universal module too , it has many option , it only miss order by custom item, and maybe some css styling

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.599 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline