search retrieves old versions due to indexed content

More
13 years 10 months ago #8037 by lcdservices
I've got a site using flexicontent for all site content. When running a search via the native joomla search module with the flexicontent plugin enabled and core joomla content plugin disabled, the search will return results that include references to older-versions.

The links themselves send to the current version of the article. But the description in the search results is an old version.

In our case, we removed reference to a staff person who is no longer with the org and replaced with the new staff person. Searching on the old name still yields results, when the current version of the article does not contain their name.

I believe this is do to indexing taking place on the content. If I get into the backend, go to flexicontent-items, and filter on introtext -- i don't get the results. If i search on indexed content, I do. So apparently the index is not getting updated when a new version of an item is generated -- which would seem to be a significant flaw.

How can I clear out the index so that the old versions are not included? And are there any suggestions for correcting this behavior moving forward?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8040 by vistamedia
At the moment there isn't any simple solution to re-index the items.
We are working on a FLEXItools component that will perform this kind of tasks, plus maintenance and cleanup.
I'm sorry but except editing and resaving the items, I don't know what to suggest to you at the moment.
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
13 years 10 months ago #8041 by lcdservices
what will editing and resaving the items do?
the issue is that all the older versions of the item is still being indexed, and thus showing up in search results.

how is indexing handled in the db? can I clear it out there?

More
13 years 10 months ago #8042 by lcdservices
so it looks like: _flexicontent_items_ext
contains the indexed search content. does that table serve any other purpose? and how/when does indexing take place? if I empty the table, will it screw up the search function, or just regenerate fresh indexing?

More
13 years 10 months ago #8068 by micker
hello just do re-edition of your article with your selected user and the index will be ok (it just a basic solution)

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 10 months ago #8088 by lcdservices
it doesn't work. if i edit and resave the item, the old version is still showing up in the search results (i empty cache, confirmed a new version was created, etc.)

if i empty _flexicontent_items_ext, will the indexing be automatically rebuilt? or will that screw things up?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline