How to get a Field to select joomla User?

More
1 month 5 days ago #85051 by rvbgnu
Hi again,

I am still improving the User Friendlyness of the web application running with FlexiContent. It is amazing to find all the many options and settings available to customise better the software. So another big thanks to the Dev Team!

I want to Display and Edit the Creator of some content types. I use the Core Joomla filed "created_by" and display it in the FlexiContent Templates, that is great. But I fall short on the Edition. We have sometimes another user who is typing in for her/his colleague, so the Joomla field Created By would the user name of the person typing in, and not the colleague. And I prefer not to mess with Editing the Core fields ;-)

So what FlexiContent Field would work for that case?
Of my plan B is to have a list of User, disconnected from the Joomla User. But this solution will require to enable/disable this list ANDthe Joomla Users list.

Please note that it is different from the other Forum topic (I've made some search before)
Select list to select a Joomla user and show his/her profile
www.flexicontent.org/forum/20-general-su...his-her-profile.html

I do not want to link to the User Profile, just his name or username.

Kind regards,
Hervé

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 day ago - 1 month 1 day ago #85072 by iamrobert
The simplest would be to set up a user account for your colleague. So - that when she enters content, she can use her username. 

You could also create an author field in FLEXIcontent and use that to populate the values - then you could type whatever values you like. eg Content Creator

This custom field will enable content enterers to specify the actual creator, ensuring accurate representation without modifying the original "created_by" field.

If your site frontend uses meta author code - you'd need to overwrite that as well:
Code:
<meta name="author" content="John Doe">

Last edit: 1 month 1 day ago by iamrobert.

More
1 month 10 hours ago #85075 by micker
thanks for return

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline