Secondary categories not displaying for item

More
4 years 9 months ago #76920 by rogernclarke
Hi,

I have created an item and assigned it to a primary category and added a secondary category.

When I display the category view for either the primary or secondary category, the item is displayed but the category link for the item is displaying only the primary category. The same happens when displaying the individual item - the folder icon is displayed but only with a link to the item's primary category.

If I change the settings for the primary category to add markings then markings are displayed for both the primary and secondary categories, so I know the category relationships are recognised for the item, but they just don't display as a category link.

Is there a setting somewhere that controls this? The categories are not excluded in the advanced routing plugin. If I switch the primary and secondary categories for the item then the link to the new primary category is displayed correctly.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #76925 by micker
hello to avoid duplicate content flexicontent add canonical url for crawler but the rooting is create by category or item menu you couldn't have same url for 2 differents category

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
4 years 9 months ago #76927 by rogernclarke
Thanks, but I don't understand...

I have a parent category called Races and sub-categories per year, so 2019, 2018 etc.

When an item for 2019 is displayed I would like the categories icon to have direct links to both the 2019 category and the races category.

I have separate menu items for both 2019 and Races. Specifying 2019 as primary category generates a url to the 2019 menu item; specifying races as primary category generates a url to the races menu item. So each category would have a different url.

I'm not clear about the reference to the canonical url as that would be the url for the item itself?

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #76928 by ggppdk
Hello

(if i understand your question correctly then please do / check the following)

by default only 1 item type is created that is item type "article"

1. go to types manager and click to edit the layout of your item type (there is column with an edit icon for the layout)
e.g. click to edit the layout for "article"

then drag and drop the field "Categories" to a layout position
this way all the categories (primary and secondary) will be displayed when you open the full view of an item

2. Also in types manager make sure that the "article" type is "re-routed" to flexicontent again there is a column for this in types manager with a select drop down

please see the picture

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by ggppdk.

More
4 years 9 months ago #76929 by rogernclarke
Ah, I've found the problem and it was my mistake - some css on my site was hiding the secondary categories.

Thank you for confirming the functionality should work as I thought as that helped me to track down the issue.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.534 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline