FIle field full path

More
5 years 1 month ago #76096 by marc.light
Joomla : 3.9.4
FlexiContent : 3.3.1.3

I have a file field and I'd like to only show the full path of the file uploaded file so I can add an audio player.

I'll put

<audio controls><source src="

and

" type="audio/mpeg"></audio>

in the suffix.

Is this possible or is there any other way?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #76097 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic FIle field full path
Hello

- the proper way to do this !!
is to create a custom viewing layout file for your field and select it in the configuration of the file field

inside it you can use the full file path and full file URL and create the player as you need it
please note that you need to configure the file field not to store files in the "secure" folder !!!

Currently there is under works a audio field player with waveform support (see wavesurfer JS ...) that will use file management to store files (later their be support for external storage servers for all file management)

and the extra audio specific data will exist in their own DB table
- similar future specific type files may get their own data table for their specific data (common file data will always be in the files db table)

the sponsor of this audio field / audio management has agreed to give out this to free / public package of flexicontent ...

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Attachments:

More
5 years 1 month ago #76098 by marc.light
Replied by marc.light on topic FIle field full path
OK, I was hoping for something like {{audio##0##link}}. So there's no easy way to just get the path of the file other than a custom view?

More
5 years 1 month ago #76099 by ggppdk
Hello

a custom layout file (for viewing) is really most powerful and will make things easier once you spend a little time to setup it up

this is the reason we added layout support in all fields

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
5 years 1 month ago #76101 by ggppdk
Hello

also because the default file links are not direct links,
this is another reason that you need a custom layout file

More
5 years 1 month ago #76102 by marc.light
Replied by marc.light on topic FIle field full path
OK, gonna try that. I can't find much documentation, I got a couple of dead links.

Any hints?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline