Conditionally showing extra content inside an open article

More
5 years 5 months ago #75162 by FinalFiler
Using Flexicontent, I'd like to create a Question and Answer section where the answer is displayed after the user checks an agreement checkbox or clicks an agreement button.

Once agreed, the answer would be displayed, either in the article itself or in a pop up (I am using JCE pro).

Any guidance greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Pierre
Downunder

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #75165 by micker
hello its realy strange why ?
did you want to keep agreement by user ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
5 years 5 months ago #75167 by FinalFiler
Hi,
We need to post some answers to questions sourced from legal opinion. The solicitors who provided the opinions are insisting that each question must display a disclaimer before the reader can see the answer, I thought of placing the answer into separate linked articles, but that places the answer articles in the search path, i.e. searching the site might reveal the answer without the disclaimer.

In other words, the disclaimer needs to be "in your face" before the answer can seen.

It would make sense if the answer was in the same article as the question and the reader then responds to a "Reveal the question" checkbox or button.

But I'm wide open to suggestion, provided it secures each answer with the disclaimer before reading.

Pierre
Downunder

More
5 years 5 months ago #75168 by micker
it not realy relevate to flexicontent because we didn't have this type option
for me you acheive this with a custom category template :
- display all your content inside category and display description in a specific div with display:none attrib
- add checkbox in foreach item
- add js to change display to block for each div
its only possible with a little dev
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
5 years 5 months ago #75169 by FinalFiler
OK, thanks, that might work. I'll fiddle about and see what squeezes out.

Cheers

Pierre
Downunder

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline