Category filter in flexicontent filter module

More
5 years 7 months ago #74626 by bytekultur
Hello, 

I just cannot get the filter module to display the way I want. I really hope some one can help. 
I have 4 filter fields (checkboxes) and one category dropdown.
I set the flexicontent filter module to display in one menu item (category view which display items of a category and all its subcategories). 
Target category AND target menu item of the module is the same as the one it displays in. I even created an override for the filter module to force the form target to include the current menu id so it would stay on the page it should filter, let's say it's called mypage.com/products)
What it does instead is to redirect to the flexicontent hidden menu item (the standard menu item?) and display my filtered view there. I can do what ever I want, it won't show any difference and always end up there (soemthing like /list/root/38-subcategory?cc=p)

It's a filter, so I expect it to filter the view it is placed in and not to switch to any other view or menu item.
Can you point me to the right direction???
Thank you in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #74677 by ggppdk
Hello

the category filter when you target a single category it is a single-value select drop-down
and it works like this it will find and target / load the Menu item of the category
so that you will get proper URLs ...

if you want to avoid the above, try configuring the filtering module to target the multi-category view
- and in such a case you can create and select a specific menu item for the multi-category view

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline