Hide tabs in the editor on frontend

More
5 years 9 months ago #73979 by Chabi01
Hello again !

I have a new question : i have items created on a site (no kidding !!! :-D) and users who can edit some items on frontend. The users allowed to modify some content are in a specific group in Joomla created for this and they are "children" of "authors" group.
Now, i want to avoid some little thing :
- some field should not be changed (category) and some should not be shown (some flexicontent fields)
- some tabs should not be shown also (tabs "description" as i have a specific tab for these contents, tabs version, etc...)

How can i achieve this ?
Thanks !!
Xavier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #73980 by Chabi01
Note :
I saw this thread : flexicontent.org/forum/20-general-suppor...ty-tabs-in-form.html
but it does not give me the "good" solution : i want to hide some tabs and fields for a specific group...

More
5 years 9 months ago #73982 by Chabi01
Ok.

I tried to change the "ACL-Hide in frontend", it works for the description tab but it hides the description for everybody...

I don't find how to hide for the tabs "publish" and "Meta SEO" again, only for a specific group...
If i hide the fields : alias, category, language in frontend, do will have an issue when people will modify their content ?

Note also : if i ask, that's because i add in the past some field already filled in content lost and i don't want to lose anything....
Thanks  again :)
Xavier

More
5 years 9 months ago #73985 by Chabi01
Ok. As i can't find a way to have a different behavior for different groups, i have modified the view in configuration.
It is not "the" solution as i would like to get one config by group, but right now, i can do with this. Maybe it is not directly possible with Flexicontent right now :)
Have a nice day !
Xavier

More
5 years 9 months ago #73990 by micker
go to your type > form tab
disable field unwanted
add skip in every tab unwanted
finishing by a little css display none

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
5 years 9 months ago #73993 by Chabi01
Hi Micker,
That's what i did before your answer and it works.
But this is not the real question : the question is how to make this :
- for different groups of users (some author must not see some tabs but some others should)
AND
- for different type of content (if i have 3 types, i would like to have some tabs shown and others not)

Xavier

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline