Pro or not Pro, that is the question !

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #75867 by Rooney
No. The system of replacing the IDs ist working as far as I can see.I hav many category blogs on the page and I tried the search function and in all cases the IDs are removed!

Universal Module links are also working
Google Index: www.muenstermann.com/de/uebersicht/refer...8-batteriehersteller
New URL: www.muenstermann.com/de/uebersicht/refer...y/batteriehersteller

Just a note: the images are single articles. So the links are categories selected in the module

Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Rooney. Reason: Added Module information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #75888 by Rooney
Just out of interest. Is there any progress with the canonical links?
Rooney

More
5 years 1 month ago #75892 by ggppdk
Hello

i am looking at it now, also doing more of remove ids feature

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #75894 by ggppdk
Hello

i have made some changes to force adding of rel canonical

also patched a case of legacy item URLs not found
(not found after enabling removal of IDs from URLs)

github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck/archive/v3.3.1.zip

There should not be other deferences from 3.3.0 you have installed,
except for patching the PHP notices in universal module and the SEF urls fix and rel canonical

Also will make this (3.3.1) official update release for existing websites ... and for Joomla automatic update checks

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by ggppdk.

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #75900 by Rooney
Hi,
I think there is one more small bug.

Old page address:
Code:
https://www.muenstermann.com/de/trocknungsanlagen/aktuelle-projekte-trocknungsanlagen/1585-bandtrockner-fuer-schuettgut-katalysatoren

New page address without ID
Code:
https://www.muenstermann.com/de/trocknungsanlagen/aktuelle-projekte-trocknungsanlagen/bandtrockner-fuer-schuettgut-katalysatoren

The canonical link is now correct. It shows the URL without ID. But there is one rel="alternate" tag that shows an alternative article in the same language. I think that is not correct.
Code:
<link href="https://www.muenstermann.com/de/anwendungsbereiche/chemische-industrie/aktuelle-und-interessante-projekte-chemische-industrie/bandtrockner-fuer-schuettgut-katalysatoren" rel="canonical" /> <link href="https://www.muenstermann.com/de/trocknungsanlagen/aktuelle-projekte-trocknungsanlagen/bandtrockner-fuer-schuettgut-katalysatoren" rel="alternate" hreflang="de-DE" /> <link href="https://www.muenstermann.com/en/industry-segments/chemical-industry/current-and-interesting-projects/belt-dryer-for-bulk-material-catalysts" rel="alternate" hreflang="en-GB" />

The link itself is existent and correct, but it should not be an alternative article. Does not make sense if the canonical link is set.

EDIT: I Jus saw that the alternative link to an article in the same language is also there if the IDs are not removed.

Rooney

Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Rooney.

More
5 years 1 month ago #75901 by ggppdk
Hello

rel-alternate for language "DE" is same as current URL
rel-canonical is the URL that uses it's main category

thus if an item is assigned and viewed via multiple categories it will always have the same rel canonical , which is the URL that uses its main category

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.367 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline