FlexiContent suitable to build user input form?

More
8 years 3 months ago #59533 by kris
Hi,

I'm new to FlexiContent and creating Forms using Joomla.
I've developed a simple website form in PHP and HTML5.
I found Joomla and FlexiContent along the way and I quite like them since it makes life a lot easier/quicker.

However, I'm failing to see how I can create a form with some of the Fields that I have defined in FlexiContent so that the user can send/complete information available in the database.

I didn't see a tutorial to build forms the end user fill in and submit back to the server (following some validation on the input text) that will store the information in the Joomla DB.

Thanks for any pointer on how this could be achieved in Joomla/FlexiContent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #59540 by ggppdk
Hello

you mean the fields do not appear in the form ?
at the left of field configuration you need to select to in which "types" the field will be used (aka it will appear in the form the type)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by ggppdk.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #59547 by kris
Hi,

No no, that works fine.
To be honest, that's one of the thing I like because it makes the process of writing an article quicker.
What I'm talking about is from the website user (not the joomla one).
For example, in HTML I would have the user enter some text and then submit it like this:
Code:
<FORM action="action_page.php" method="post"> <LABEL>label</LABEL> <INPUT type="text" name="usrTxt" placeholder="tooltip"/> <INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="ok" VALUE="Ok"/> <INPUT TYPE="reset" NAME="cancel" VALUE=" Cancel "/> </FORM>
Behind I would store that in a DB (like mysql) which is done in action_page.php.
The idea is to enrich the original article with the visitor inputs since the information stored would then be added (or updated) to the original article.

That's the sort of thing I'm trying to do :-)
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by kris. Reason: added purpose

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #59570 by ggppdk
Hello

maybe you mean this

create a textarea field and
- disable the HTML editor
- set validation to allow safe HTML (or any HTML ?)
- display the output "unencoded"

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by ggppdk.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline