How to create a link to the item within a field ?

More
8 years 8 months ago #56695 by ggppdk
Code:
link to item is not meant to be used with fieldgroup
- but i think it makes sense to support this, otherwise the parameter should be hidden, when use field in group is enabled

will check and fix

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #56696 by geejay
I am using 3.0.4, waiting for 3.0.7

Linking an image to the item is highly desirable, also in fieldgroups. I have been struggling with this for ages. Now I use manual links which is a huge pain.

about parameters, the alternative to having parameters is to ask user to do some coding

I would probably prefer that over spending a morning finding some workarounds with parameters. Most of FC admins are tech savvy I suppose.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #56698 by geejay
I suppose another possibility would be to make the canonical url to the item a core property which one can put into link parameters
{{item->url}}

That way one could use that in many ways.
www.flexicontent.org/documentation/faq/7...of-other-fields.html
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by geejay.

More
8 years 8 months ago #56699 by ggppdk
Hello

FLEXIcontent is about building custom websites,

- FLEXIcontent is not meant for any specific website thus it has more parameters than anyone would use for a single website
(people usually complain for 1 specific thing that they miss and they need, and is very important for them to have, and they only care of this, they don't care that only 2-5% of other websites would use it)

imagine someone spending time to create a CMS like joomla , etc just for a specific , single website, how much would that cost ?

- about parameters, you don't need to enable parameters that you do not need

about reporting bugs, please use v3.0.6, in a different thread you have reported bug that did not exist in v3.0.6, (and i have spent good time to test and it was not there)
how many software gives free bug support ?

also if you have something big, it can have bugs,
but compared to the size of FLEXIcontent bugs are very small percentage, the important is not to have any critical bugs, that break the website

if you have something that does just 2 things it has only 1 bug, then it would be a large percentage of the software

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
8 years 8 months ago #56702 by geejay
Sorry, my comment was not meant to criticize the FC software concept. Quite to the contrary, its a great piece of software!

I merely wanted to suggest an idea how one could reduce the complexity of FC. The more parameters a software has the more complex it gets to debug. So it may be easier to use some macro language in some cases.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #56709 by ggppdk
we did a lot of work restructuring the parameters
e.g. plugin

to be able to have
- consistent placement, with proper tabs, grouping and sub-grouping
- and similar configuration across all fields
- attempt to hide parameters dependent on others
- (NEW !!) preset configurations (see voting field)
and in v3.0.7 we have preset configurations (set / hide / makre readonly) many parameters at once, in all fields for setting
prefix/suffix/etc parameters

about using FLEXIcontent to create a 20 articles web-site that may be an overkill

we plan:
- (v3.1) more preset configurations, to easily configure many parameters at once
- (v3.1) "apps" import / export (type/fields/templates/usergroups/ACL assets)
- (v3.1+) report the actual inherited value in configuration screen , especialy in category edit forms

Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by ggppdk.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline