'title maximum length' not saving

More
10 years 4 months ago #43155 by sophen
Hello,

I am working with flexicontent 2.1.2 r1806 beta and joomla 2.5.16.

In a category view, I am trying to limit the length of item titles. I try to set the field "title maximum length" in my category but then when I save the value go back to default value '200'.

I also try to change the value in global configuration. There the value is saved but does not affect the length of item titles.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks for your help.

S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #43172 by ggppdk
Hello

- do you have custom FLEXIcontent templates , for which you have customized the XML files
- have you upgraded J1.5 to J2.5 but you have not updated XML files of FLEXIcontent templates?

first check if:
-- the category edit form has ANY JS errors

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 3 months ago #43886 by sophen
Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I have to say it is a real pleasure to have such a strong support and every time a quick answer to our questions!

That being said ;) , I am using a custom template but did not customize the XML files. I also did the test with the default template and got the sames problems.

And I did not upgrade J1.5 to J 2.5.

However when I check for JS errors in the backend on the category edit form, I get the following error:
Code:
TypeError: $(...) is null var panel = $(element+'-attribs-options').getNext();

It is part of the problem ?

More
10 years 3 months ago #43928 by ggppdk
Hello

if there is a single XML file of any template that is broken,
then JS of the category edit form page will break,

Are you loading jQuery in the backend ?
do view page source in your browser to check

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.529 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline