Link Confusion

More
10 years 6 months ago #41667 by inthenow
Link Confusion was created by inthenow
Thanks for all the support so far! Another question for you.

Calling up an article via the category menu item works perfect but for some reason modules like "Most Read Content" or the featured content slider the urls aren't the same and they go nowhere. For example the category menu article view gives this: index.php/comics/choices/item/72-choices-2 while the same article via the most read module gives: index.php/55-comics/72-choices-2 which links to a page that just mirrors the home page.

I'm guessing it has to do with SEF links but I can't seem to figure it out. I've read www.flexicontent.org/documentati ... -urls.html and www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... =viewtopic but I'm lost.

Help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #41668 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Link Confusion
Hello

1. that is in which Joomla version ?

2. note you can use FLEXIcontent universal content module which is
- more flexible / configurable (in your case use "most popular" ordering and "Best Rated")
- supports showing custom fields

(and it has a slider template called "carousel" that you can use)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 6 months ago #41859 by inthenow
Replied by inthenow on topic Link Confusion
That did it. Thanks!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.803 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline