how to config a form for new item adding

More
11 years 1 week ago #35949 by j0rged
Hello,
How to configure a new form of submitting articles to such there appeared a list of categories?
In Menu for item submission form in "Basic Options" I select:
"Enable override" - yes
"Displayed categories" - I have select some categories which I want to set visible for submitting an item (not all)
"Submit item in" -- setted to "single"
"Default Main Category" -- setted some main category. Parent of all others, where I want to submit items

I open now submission form in fronntend. In "Category" I will see only my selected categories what is right
BUT
if I open now "Original content being translated" I will see the tree of all categories
An the same (all tree of all categories) I will see if I click on Button "Articles" under Editor - I see all Articles and tree of all categories.

How to configure a submission form in order to display only the selected list of categories?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #35950 by ggppdk
Hello,
these parameters of the submit menu item are provided as a convenience.

The proper way to configure the behavior that you need, is to use ACL

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #35973 by j0rged
Hello,
sorry, but I do not understand how and where do I made it.
I have opened a "Fields" in FC Control Panel, but there is only one field "Categories", which is used for other purposes.
In "Configuration" in FC Control Panel in tab "Permission" are setting for "Public" or "Registered" are setted to "Not allowed" /except the "Fields: edit values"/
In Plugins in "Button - Article" is nothing to configure too.

Or, is it possible to hide this both fields: "Original content being translated" and Button "Articles" in submission form in frontend?
Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by j0rged.

More
11 years 1 week ago #35976 by ggppdk
Hello,

-- you do it the Joomla way (J2.5):
you edit your categories (usually only the top level ones) and give the "Create" privilege to the desires user groups

the "create" privilege controls which categories, a user group can assign an item to

1. you would should also give your user groups edit-own privilege so that they can edit their articles later
2. if you want the Content items to be editable but you want approve the changes, then makes sure that versioning is enabled and that you do not give publish or publish-own privileges

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 1 week ago #35978 by j0rged
Okay. But I do not have some problems with the creating or sending of one new Item.

I wanted to allow the sending of articles for all (for "Public" or "Registred"), but want the list of all the categories are not displayed. As I understand this can be done.
Thank you

More
11 years 1 week ago #35979 by ggppdk
Hello,
please clarify you want to let guests (unlogged users) submit content ?

yes you can (in j2.5) allow this
1. make assignments of the user group "public" too, as described in previous post (but better not give publish permission to "public")
2. in submit menu item configuration set the parameter that allows submission by guests

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline