[solved] very slow loading (category view) [v1.5.4]

More
12 years 1 month ago #22685 by inspireddevelopment
Hello, we've recently finished a site using Flexicontent. which i've found the be the easiest out of the box solution for a joomla cck, its fantastic in fact..

But with less that 30 entries it appears to be loading incredibly slow - enabling joomla / flexicontent cache doesnt seem to help much because when the cache inevitably times out it has to wait for each page to be triggered before it will recache it - we've had complaints of users leaving the site as a result.

i've resorted to using jotCache with a infinite cache time and a front-end menu entry so the admin can clear the cache once he's updated the site. and then he has to use jcrawler to reindex all the pages and cache them.. this can take up to 4 minutes for the 30 entries to be cached. the main problem with this is that jcrawler has no frontend access so it means he's using 2 different interfaces everytime he wants to update the site.

i've seen alot of posts about flexi being slow, but our slow down seems incredibly bad, if not practicaly unusable.

is there an admin who i can trust to take a look at the site and potentially debug incase something else is messing flexi up?

thanks for your time - ant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #22688 by ggppdk
mmm, v1.5.6 solves problem with performance in category view

are you using v1.5.6?
which page is slow? is it category view?
how many items per page?

for v1.5.6:
-- test with content plugin triggering disabled on the field you display
-- check in global configuration of flexicontent that you create plugins only when needed.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 11 months ago #24964 by ViveLeFlexicontent
Isn't there something that we can do to 1.5.4? To speed up the categories but still have everything else intact. I tried to update to 1.5.6 once but failed miserably. I think it would take weeks if not longer to switch over to the new version.

Maybe you can give us a clue where to look by telling us what caused the slow loads, and what was changed to counter this problem? Or do you think it's only possible to improve it by fully upgrading?

More
11 years 11 months ago #24967 by ggppdk
In general you should be able to upgrade with little trouble if you don't have custom FLEXIcontent templates.

Make a copy site and test there

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 11 months ago #24975 by ViveLeFlexicontent
Yeah I have custom templates, and also made allot of other changes. But I'll give it another try, if that's the only way to solve it.
Thanks!

More
11 years 11 months ago #24984 by ggppdk
I found my old instructions for patching v1.5.4:

www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... =viewtopic

Do these and you will get a very big boost in category view

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline