Is it possible to create this?

More
14 years 5 months ago #853 by pepperstreet

vistamedia wrote: ... it requires some php/html knowledge (but normally no FLEXIcontent's core modification)...

• Relation (Parent and Childs)
  • Automated Field-Links (a klick filters on same field values)

They are my favourites in MightyExtensions Resources, and those hold me from switching to Drupal ;-)
Do you have any plans or the technical base for adding similar features in flexiContent?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #854 by Arkham

pepperstreet wrote:

vistamedia wrote: ... it requires some php/html knowledge (but normally no FLEXIcontent's core modification)...

• Relation (Parent and Childs)
  • Automated Field-Links (a klick filters on same field values)

They are my favourites in MightyExtensions Resources, and those hold me from switching to Drupal ;-)
Do you have any plans or the technical base for adding similar features in flexiContent?

Whoah... If I'm reading those extension right they sound along the lines of the functionality I'm aiming for.

More
14 years 5 months ago #855 by pepperstreet

Arkham wrote: Whoah... If I'm reading those extension right they sound along the lines of the functionality I'm aiming for.

MightyExtensions currently has some server problems ;-(
If you want some detailed infos, there is an online documentation:

help.mightyextensions.com/resources/

You will find "relation" under ->Fields->Using Field Plugins->Advanced Fields:
help.mightyextensions.com/resour ... plugin.htm

Attention: Relation belongs to the Advanced Fields. So, you have to buy a license for Advanced Resources.

There is also a Video Tutorial in the support area of the homepage.
To get a better insight, you can download the (very feature-rich!) FREE version of resources.

More
14 years 5 months ago #856 by Arkham

pepperstreet wrote:

Arkham wrote: Whoah... If I'm reading those extension right they sound along the lines of the functionality I'm aiming for.

MightyExtensions currently has some server problems ;-(
If you want some detailed infos, there is an online documentation...

Thanks for the information. I'm not sure if I'm going to go the route of using a variety of Joomla components (as I'm not even running Joomla), but rather focus on all-in-one extensions like Flexi, Sobi2, Zoo, or another system that will be extensible enough to run my concept.

But I will definitely look into those two extensions at the very least to assist in better describing what I need.

More
14 years 5 months ago #858 by pepperstreet

Arkham wrote: ...I'm not sure if I'm going to go the route of using a variety of Joomla components (as I'm not even running Joomla), but rather focus on all-in-one extensions like Flexi, Sobi2, Zoo, or another system that will be extensible enough to run my concept...

You are welcome! I know your situation very well ;-)

A decision is very hard and depends on many factors. Joomla itself is easy but limited, BUT it shines on pre-build 3rd-party solutions. So, if your concept fits into one of those special solutions, they might be the right choice... though they might need some customizations and modifications (SOBI, jReviews etc.) They all deal with similar data, but the goals and functions are totally different. You can think of ME Resources (plus their other extensions) as a lower level of a full solution or ready-build application. You can mimic and re-build almost any custom solution with it. Especially for 50%coders like me, it opens many possibilities with out hiring a bunch of php-gurus ;-)

If you are not focused or limited to the joomla CMS, i would suggest you to have a closer look on Drupal. To decribe it: Drupal is for CMSs – what Resources is for Joomla ;-) Seriously: Its really hard to explain in short.

Good Luck!

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 5 months ago #860 by Anonymous
Replied by Anonymous on topic Is it possible to create this?
Hi ...
I have been with joomla for long time..
I use/used All CCK there, free and commercials..
But really Flexicontent is very promising. How?

Most important Pros for now (2.Dec.2009) are:
    /- Its the best over all other CCK by Templating for front end customization.. feature all designers need and love.
    /- Its the best over all other CCK by the way multi-mapping/Categorizing and the use of Joomla native Extensions.
    /- The Upcoming Front-end submitting features will add many features to it over many Other CCK.
    /- Possibilities to use the Flexicontent by itself for many top needed area is unique..

You can read more here www.flexicontent.org/features/features-list.html

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.721 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline