Image fields

More
12 years 9 months ago #17009 by sp_pinkeye
Image fields was created by sp_pinkeye
Hi

Have added some image fields to the items and would like to store images for each category in separate directories but seems that this confuses creation of thumbnails as code expects just a filename with no path. Is it possible to specify path....
This is part of a migration from non FLEXI system and images and directories already exist. Not easy to just move images as in current system image names are duplicated.

Example :
Have created a field 'BigImage'. What I want is for each category to be able to use 'images/stories/category_name/BigImage.png' ( or something similar ) as the image path. What happens is the thumb nail code tries this 'images/stories/l_category_name/BigImage.png'

Other than that am very impressed with the FLEXI plugin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #17012 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Image fields
Hello,
I need something like that too.
I am thinking, to add option to place files in sub-folders per itemid and per category.

So that the available options will be:
1. Do not place in some folder
2. place in a per item sub-folder e.g. 'item_325' folder OR as you requested define a folder!!!
3. place in a per category sub-folder e.g. 'cat_13' folder OR as you requested define a folder!!!

e.g. this would be useful, to use existing joomla content plugin galleries.
e.g. we could change the mini-gallery to keep the way it adds/upload pictures, which is very user-friendly but use any content plugin gallery to display the pictures (this has some implications as the reordering of pictures will probably need to rename the filenames so that content plugin galleries will display them in the user specified order).

Anyway i am not sure yet for the changes involved in such a task. I ll examine it more when i have time.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.527 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline