Default Article Style instead of Flexicontent Article

More
13 years 3 months ago #12804 by greg72
I am using a Rockettheme template and the standard article layout is perfect for my needs. If I use the flexicontent it is a downgrade as far as viewing goes. is there any (easy) way to use the default article style as an article within flexicontent?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #12807 by greg72
If flexiaccess allowed permissions for Joomla Sections and Categories this wouldn't be an issue however the only way I can control the submittal, viewing editing of articles in certain categories is to use the flexicontent content types. I really like the default article style with my rockettheme template though.

More
13 years 3 months ago #12817 by micker
if you use default template it's not good ?
post some screenshot as what you want
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 3 months ago #12822 by greg72
My Category Layout using the standard !Joomla article manager and template CSS would look something like this.
[attachment=2:1jxsf1un]<!-- ia2 -->default layout.jpg<!-- ia2 -->[/attachment:1jxsf1un]

If I use a Flex Category Layout for the same type of articles (About Joomla Category, 2 levels deep) I get this.
[attachment=1:1jxsf1un]<!-- ia1 -->flexi cat layout.jpg<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment:1jxsf1un]

I need something more like the standard category blog layout. Can't quite figure out how to accomplish it, I will play with it a bit a more but maybe it's staring me in the face.

I applied the blog layout to the article view and it looks much better then the article layout and it looks a bit better but not quite as nice as the standard template driven !Joomla Article. It would be nice if the template driven standard was a standard within flexicontent.
[attachment=0:1jxsf1un]<!-- ia0 -->flexi blog layout.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:1jxsf1un]
Attachments:

More
13 years 3 months ago #12823 by greg72
Also, in regards to the FlexiContent Category Layout. I did select to show 2 levels deep so that should cover all my sub-categories. If you look at the above category layout it says "no items available for this category"

According to the back end and the sub-category listing within that same image there clearly is.[attachment=0:3ph70wa9]<!-- ia0 -->articles in category.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:3ph70wa9]
Attachments:

More
13 years 3 months ago #12826 by micker
hello
to transfert this presentation
duplicate blog template and rename
drag and drop your field in position
affect your template at your category
edit in your category
#first 1
choose 2 coluns
it will created the base of your presentation
(1 article at first and 2 coluns for other article)
use other setting to adapt more
after you need to report css of your template in your
category.css file in yourtemplate folder
use firebug to discover the good line
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline