Search results only on item title [SOLVED]

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #10332 by Vogglz
Hi, already posted this question but in the wrong category, so I am posting it here again. Original post is here: www.flexicontent.org/forum/index.php?f=27&t=2249&rb_v=viewtopic

The problem
Searching with search box in category view returns nothing besides results from the item's title.

What have I already checked?
- I am using version 1.5.3c stable (r354)
- Fields are all searchable
- Items have not been copied
- Flexi search plugin is enabled, system content search is disabled
- I can see all the content in db table #__flexicontent_items_ext for which I am searching

What else have I tried?
- verified SQL query in flexicontent search plugin, seems fine (of course)
- disabled all search plugins including flexisearch, but search box is still working the same (!)
- disabled almost all other components, plugins etc. to make sure nothing is conflicting

Please note I am running the search from a main category for items which are in subcategories (setting show items in subcategory=yes). Viewing of subcategories in the main category has been limited to users by FlexiAccess - is working exactly like I want it to. Entering subcategory directly and testing search gives the same results.

Any ideas...? Thanks for all suggestions. I really hope someone wants to help me with this - the rest is working excellent and I am bothered by this strange behavior.

Thank you in advance.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Vogglz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10344 by effrit
hi,Vogglz
i post this issue two month ago:
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/i ... tail?id=67

but nobody replied.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10352 by Vogglz
Tnx effrit,

too bad nobody seems to be willing to check this out... Really hoping for help here.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10361 by micker
hello
some times to find a solution the develloper need some time ....
be patient, it's a great extention ...
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 7 months ago #10368 by Vogglz
Hi Micker,

yes I understand. I just hope someone from your side will help me with this, because I am at the end of my problem-solving capability :roll:

And for the record: I LOVE flexicontent + access, it is by far the most promising CCK for joomla until now, and will probably be my first choice for all sites to come if these small problems get solved.

Thanks for your response - hope I will hear from one of you guys soon.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10375 by micker
i think a plugin for search is in plan but no date ...
sorry

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline