Help - All 'Public' Items Requiring Frontend Login to View

More
13 years 9 months ago #9249 by tbox
Ugh - everything was going very well and my site was running smoothly! I have registered users who can post content and have that content publicly viewed. However, all of a sudden, the user's content is only viewed in the category menu item, but when you click on the item, you're sent to the Login page.

There was one item still working (able to be publicly viewed), but I clicked the Flexiaccess setting to disallow public read, and then turned it back on, and now EVERYTHING requires login.

This is a great component but there is a clearly a bug somewhere. Should I re-install Flexiaccess?

[Update] If I have users submit from the frontend, with autopublish, to category X... And then, from the backend, I move (without opening!!) the item to a different category Y, it will be public. I'm not really happy with this workaround but until I know what's wrong, it's the best I can do.

[Second update] Nope - that only worked once. I have no solution now. Users post content and it's never public even though every single setting in the backend and Flexiaccess say they are public. I'm getting very frustrated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #9253 by tbox
Just replying to my own stuff as I try to troubleshoot.

I have it fixed, meaning the users post items and they go to the correct category, get published immediately, and are public.

I don't know how I fixed it, though. I've narrowed down that it isn't sh404sef (purging URLs) and it's not a caching issue in Joomla.

My final step in testing was to optimize tables with overhead. I suspect that that is where the problem develops. When it happens again, I'll try that first and post the results here.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9511 by micker
thanks for your feedback
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline