Backend users with no grant rights can modify permissions?

More
14 years 1 month ago #4649 by vfro
Hello,

Please check following problem: users who have rights to access backend area (Managers) can modify permissions for an item/category. I know that can set "read" permissions but i think it's better to hide "Manage permissions" area for users who doesn't have rights to grant access for other users.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4731 by vistamedia
Sorry but I don't understand your question, normally it shouldn't be the case. On the following screen you have the case of a user that cannot grant permissions and he doesn't see the perms table:
[img

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 1 month ago #4738 by vfro
Well, in my case none of my backend users/groups doesn't have permission to Grant (except Superadmin), but when i'm logged in as Manager and belong to backend group called Stores Editors, i can see all permissions for all users and i am able to modify and save information.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4748 by vistamedia
Are you you sure your group is not nested in another one that have the grant permission?

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline