Enabling sh404sef Breaks Flexi URLs

More
13 years 7 months ago #10598 by fmgoodwin
Hi, I have a problem with the worldnewstrust.com site where when I try to enable sh404sef, the links in Flexicontent category summary views all bring up just one story.

And all the items in the summary list have a url like this: worldnewstrust.com/all-content/all-content.html

The url for this summary list is: worldnewstrust.com/all-content/

I'm confused about sh404sef. I purchased it because I read that it is the preferred SEF extension.

Where can I get some help with this? Please advise.

p.s. We're in contact with sh404sef, but we have not been able to get things working.

They say, "For the flexicontent, what is wrong with that, sh404sef dosn`t have a built in plugin for that."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10600 by yopyop001
Hi,

There is a plugin for SH404 but there is some little bugs in it.

Try to apply the patch described here :
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/i ... l?id=51#c3

There are somme little bugs with this plugin ('add favourites', duplicate content for multi-mapped items,..), but it works. We have to work on it, any help would be great (Bug tracking, development,...)

For SH404 Support, it's not their work to make plugins for all extensions. Each extension developper have to developp their own plugin.

I hope it helps.

Regards

More
13 years 7 months ago #10615 by fmgoodwin
Dear Yopiop101, Thank you very much for your prompt response to my query here.

We'll be more than happy to work with you on the problems with the sh404sef plugin.

However, I'm wondering, are there issues as well with AceSEF? We have a license for that also, but wanted to use sh404sef, if possible.

We're installing the plugin now.

Cheers, Francis Goodwin, WNT managing editor

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline