I want to create a button on frontend item edit page which save the item as draft.

4 months 2 days ago #74054 by Ali_wdm
There is three button on frontend item edit page (save button, save&preview button and cancel button).  I want to add one more button on item edit page to save item as draft. How should I do this task..?? Where I want to write html code for button and javascript for this button..?? Will I have to change model of flexicontent or have to pass some parameter..?? Please assist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 1 day ago #74064 by ggppdk
Hello

can you explain the usage scenario of this ?

i mean why not select draft state in state selector and then click save ?

-- FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star review. Thanks!

4 months 1 day ago #74065 by Ali_wdm
There is no option to select status while saving an item from frontend. In administrator, there is option to select status of item. That is why I want to add one more button to in frontend item saving form. 

4 months 1 day ago #74068 by ggppdk
Hello

you can go to component configuration parameters (click Configuration button)
and inside Item Form Tab, select the default frontend item state item for non-published to draft

thus the frontend submitted items will be created in draft state for users that are not privileged to publish them
Also the frontend users will get a button "request approval" button that they can use when they are comfortable that their content is ready be reviewed for publishing

-- FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star review. Thanks!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
© 2018 Flexicontent. All Rights Reserved.