Custom Order not working

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #68620 by lomuyeh
It's working in 3.1, but not working in 3.2 RC. So I think it may be suitable to post it here.

I set some custom order rules for custom fields in category view. It seems all rules are not working. Every rule is showing the items order by title alphabetical, no matter which rule I chose.

I confirmed that all rules I set are working in 3.1. So just wonder if the setting has to be modified in 3.2, or it's a bug.

Another question, the field I chose to order by is TEXT, but when I set the rule to order by "alpha", that rule won't show. For example:
25:alpha:desc

Field25 is a text field, but this rule not show. When I set 25:int:desc, it works. This also happened in 3.1.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Lomu
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #68621 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Custom Order not working
Hello

for start please post 2 or 3 pictures of the configurations you have set in category configuration

showing custom order and also a few parameters above and below it

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
6 years 7 months ago #68622 by lomuyeh
Replied by lomuyeh on topic Custom Order not working
Clipboard-2.jpg
I set 'Item Ordering (Level 1) CUSTOM field ordering ' to Field25 DESC INT, it works, no problem.

Clipboard-1.jpg
I choose 'Use Default Order', 'Title -- Alphabetical', 'Title -- Alphabetical Reverse', and some custom order. The Chinese words are language strings.

Clipboard-3.jpg
All order rules work, but all custom order options not work. All custom rules show same as choosing 'Title -- Alphabetical'.

The orderby in the link is like this:
&orderby=custom%3A25%3Aint%3Aasc

Clipboard-4.jpg
I set a custom order rule for field25, change int to alpha.

Clipboard-5.jpg
After the setting in clipboard-4.jpg, that custom order rule not show.

Hope the Chinese words won't confuse you.

Thanks,
Lomu

More
6 years 7 months ago #68623 by lomuyeh
Just reminding, the custom order rule setting works well in 3.1.
Thanks,
Lomu

More
6 years 7 months ago #68625 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Custom Order not working
Hello

I can not replicate locally the reported bug

Can you also check the menu item this category view is using ?
maybe there is an override there

Also to make sure if the configuration is in effect, edit file

component/com_flexicontent/models/category.php

temporarily uncomment line 692:
Code:
//echo $query."<br/><br/> \n";

makeing it
Code:
if (JFactory::getUser()->authorise('core.admin', 'root.1')) echo $query."<br/><br/> \n";

Login to frontend as a SUPER admin user and view the category
you should now see some SQL copy the printed SQL here

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
6 years 7 months ago #68626 by lomuyeh
Hi
1. I've check the menu item, no override setting. So I think it's on category setting.
2. About the SQL query:
I set Level 1 and Level 2 Item Ordering to 'Use Global', the SQL query shows : ' ORDER BY i.created DESC, i.title ASC' (my global order setting is created DESC)

I set fronted override order to 'Title -- Alphabetical Reverse', the SQL shows: 'ORDER BY i.title DESC, i.title ASC'.

I set frontend override order to 'Published -- Most Recently first', the SQL shows: 'ORDER BY i.publish_up DESC, i.title ASC'.

I set frontend override order to the rule I set '25:int:asc', the SQL shows: 'ORDER BY i.title ASC, i.title ASC'.

Looks like there is always 'i.title ASC' in the end of line. I just upgrade to 3.2 RC today, so I think I didn't modify any code of the files. I think I do have some previous setting. If you think there is no problem of the files, I will check the other setting later.

Thanks,
Lomu

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.538 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline