Plugin / Module Request

More
14 years 4 months ago #2295 by mark_bk
Hi Emmanuel, I'm new to FlexiContent and enjoying it - thanks.

I've been using K2 for eight months on a couple of live sites...but am beginning to believe that Flexicontent may have more to offer, and certainly appears to have a more responsive development 'team'.

I've got to add that K2 has four very good core tools that I miss in Flexicontent and I think that they would be excellent additions to have available as plugins/modules, they are:

1. Easy Image Gallery admin upload and front-end display (based on SIG Pro plugin in K2)

2. Video upload and display with several cool options (local vid upload, grab from online provider using ID, or grab from server using URL, etc). The video playback is based on AllVideos in K2.

3. K2 Tools Module - can create several different content modules instances from one tool (archive, menu, search, tag cloud, breadcrumbs, dropdown select menu).

4. K2 Content Module - can create modules to display content in several ways (random, newest, most popular, category, specific item, by tag, oldest, most recent, alphabetical, ID, rating, featured, non-featured etc).

I realise that most of these tools are available as 3rd party add-ons, but it would be a real bonus to have such functionality built in to Flexicontent. Everything to do with content management and display being part of the one package. It would also eliminate module/plugin conflicts.

Hopefully, you'll be able to give the idea some thought, and maybe some of them may become core/optional features of Flexicontent.

Here's hoping, regards
Mark
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2297 by Linuus
Replied by Linuus on topic Plugin / Module Request
I think they are developing a multi-module that will be released soon. Maybe it'll be able to do some of the stuff you're requesting :)

More
14 years 4 months ago #2298 by unleash.it
Replied by unleash.it on topic Plugin / Module Request
Just some suggestions...

1. Easy Image Gallery admin upload and front-end display (based on SIG Pro plugin in K2)

Not quite as elegant, but you could use any gallery plugin that works with joomla on a flexicontent text field (you'll need to enable the plugin in the field). Galleries that have both a component and plugin will have their own user friendly way of uploading/resizing the images. The admin just needs to note the "gallery ID" and enter it in the right Flexi text field. So the only difference is you have to go to two places instead of one.

2. Video upload and display with several cool options (local vid upload, grab from online provider using ID, or grab from server using URL, etc). The video playback is based on AllVideos in K2.

How about trying AllVideos Reloaded. It's a fork that has a component for easily uploading videos and selecting youtube and what not. Then like above, you can then use a "text" field type in Flexicontent (don't forget to enable the Allvideos plugin on it). The admin just needs to enter the name of the file.

3. K2 Tools Module - can create several different content modules instances from one tool (archive, menu, search, tag cloud, breadcrumbs, dropdown select menu).

Most of these things you can do right now! Flexicontent can use most of the native Joomla modules. (although some like the latest news will produce non-SEF links). There is a tags module... check the downloads.

4. K2 Content Module - can create modules to display content in several ways (random, newest, most popular, category, specific item, by tag, oldest, most recent, alphabetical, ID, rating, featured, non-featured etc).

This is what I think the new module is going to be about... although I can't say I'm sure. Again the core modules work for a lot of this, but not without URL problems. For now, maybe try the "placehere" module or "ultimate Content display" (Joomlaworks) and see how it works.

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 4 months ago #2300 by Anonymous
Replied by Anonymous on topic Plugin / Module Request
Hi..Flexicontent is so promising.
You will believe it when You will see it..
Many magical things on its way.. Soon
Hold on. ;)

More
14 years 4 months ago #2302 by mark_bk
Replied by mark_bk on topic Plugin / Module Request
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I'll check out the Reloaded version of AllVideos.

How many replies in less than 12 hours? A more responsive team for sure!! 8-)

Thanks

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.555 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline