Backend Tagging for Fields

More
5 years 6 months ago #74685 by Dave LeDev
My project has me creating dozens upon dozens of fields that are being grouped by tabs for the frontend. It gets challenging to manage them all in the backend. I propose the ability to add a tag or a category for a field that can then be filtered. With a function like this, if fields were grouped with a naming scheme based on tabs they're displayed in, I can filter out all unnecessary fields and focus on any given section I'm working in. A rough example:

If this is deemed to not have merit by the community or developers, I suppose I could add my tagging to the name. :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #74690 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Backend Tagging for Fields
Hello

yes this is something that has been discussed before
it is good to have it but for consistency we need to need to do renaming

rename our fieldgroup to ... "Repeatable set of fields"
and then call this "tagging" ... "fieldgroup"

thus we will be have similar naming with Joomla custom fields too ...

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline