Favourites system features

More
14 years 3 months ago #3253 by fleximigas
Hi

I have a few ideas related to the favourites system that I need for my project and that might be useful for someone else:

1. Notify administrator by email like this: User X has favoured Item Y.
2. Create a page in administration showing by items the users that have favoured them, and the option to the administrator add/remove a favourite from a user.
3. The option to exclude some category from being favoured. (for example an item X from category A has been favoured, but when I move that item to category B which is excluded from favourites, the item X is automatically removed from favourites page).

Do you think is it possible to integrate any of this features in a future release?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3257 by bsky92
Replied by bsky92 on topic Favourites system features
µHi

I think having the favorite option removed is easily done through templating. If the favorite field does not appear, then nobody is going to have the item as a favorite :)

I like the idea of an admin panel allowing to see what items are favorites too :)

More
14 years 1 month ago #5599 by fleximigas
Hi,

Does the new release has any changes related to the favourites system?

More
11 years 9 months ago #27529 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Favourites system features
In latest release, the favored field can -optionally- show (in the frontend):
(a) the number of users favoring the item
(b) a list of user names favoring the item

No changes in backend

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.605 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline