Frontend Item Form conflicts with dropdown menu of my joomla template

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #60937 by Bold
Joomla version: 3.5
Flexi version: 3.0.14-rc2a

Brand new install of Joomla & Flexi, using bootstrapped menu. On pages with flexi frontend forms, the menu dropdown items break. That is, they are displayed all the time when they should be hidden until the menu parent is clicked on. Attached is a screenshot with the menu working properly on the left, and on the right what the menu does when a Flexi frontend form is displayed.

Using Chrome > Inspect > Console, to look at the pages, the following error appears:
Code:
Uncaught TypeError: Fx.Slide is not a constructor

Fx.Slide appears to be a mootools reference. Could flexi mootools usage be conflicting with the bootstrap menu? I noticed this behavior on a separate site with 3.0.13 (possibly even earlier) and decided to test a fresh install to see if it was a template/bootstrap issue. The template seems to work fine in all other (non-Flexi) conditions.

Please help! Thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #60941 by ggppdk
Hello

i thought we removed all refrences inside item form (form.php)
- but the ACL permissions SLIDER still uses it

Furthermore ONLY mini-gallery FIELD will force loading of mootols
- in short words the error is because we removed loading of mootols

Fix till next version, edit file:
/components/com_flexicontent/views/item/view.html

change:
Code:
//FLEXI_J30GE ? JHtml::_('behavior.framework', true) : JHTML::_('behavior.mootools');
to:
Code:
FLEXI_J30GE ? JHtml::_('behavior.framework', true) : JHTML::_('behavior.mootools');

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #60951 by Bold
Thanks for the quick response Georgios, that fixes the broken dropdown. There is a cosmetic side effect however: when I select something from the dropdown, it disappears from the menu along with the parent item. Since I have just clicked a link, the full menu returns when the next page loads. But it is a little confusing when you first see it happen - particularly for Users. Can this cosmetic issue be addressed along with the fix in the next version? PM/email me if you need to see a live example to observe the behavior.

Thanks!!!

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #60954 by ggppdk
Hello

that is probably the effect of CSS loading in the page,
- we removed CSS that mught effect HTML elements oustside <DIV id="flexicontent"> container
- in general , if such CSS exists, we want to remove / change it

still, this is not a bug, it is a CSS conflict
- but still it is impossible to "fix" , because it is impossible for anyone to know which CSS is doing this by looking at a picture

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #60959 by ggppdk
Hello

but we do want to avoid such CSS , (CSS that effects HTML globally)

to make sure that it is FLEXIcontent CSS
- make a menu item pointing to e.g. Joomla contact form
and click it in frontend
does the menu break down ?

if it does not break, aka it breaks only in item FORM, you may send me a PM and i will check FLEXIcontent CSS

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline