FLEXIaccess and menu item

More
13 years 2 months ago #13495 by swampedct
Hello there,

I've searched the site and the web, checked through many of the listings in the forums, but not found anything solving this issue, so here it is.

I've just recently upgraded a joomla 1.5.20 to 1.5.22 and installed flexiaccess to allow members to edit their own articles and it seems to work like it should. There is a problem with one of the links in menu though, the one to create / edit article. When I set the access through flexiaccess it removed the access level on the menu-item så it does not show in frontend and when I resave the menu-item I cannot access it from frontend although it's visible in the menu. I checked the db and the access field switch between 2 and 3 when I do the above changes in menu and flexiaccess, so the grps are obviously not synced somehow.

How do we fix this bug?

My versions:
- Joomla 1.5.22
- Flexicontent 1.5.3c Stable
- FlexiAccess 1.0.5

Do you need anything else?

/Svempa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #13497 by micker
Replied by micker on topic FLEXIaccess and menu item
hello
did you read this ?
www.flexicontent.org/documentati ... items.html
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 2 months ago #13515 by swampedct
Replied by swampedct on topic FLEXIaccess and menu item
Hey micker,

I've tried the fix from the page you suggested, but it still does not work properly. I'm trying to let it be shown and accessable to the levels above registered and if I lower the access level, which I thought this fix was for, they can still see the link but not access it even though it works for the access groups above.

Have you been able to recreate the issue?

More
13 years 2 months ago #13528 by micker
Replied by micker on topic FLEXIaccess and menu item
hello
do you use joomla access or flexiaccess on your menu ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 2 months ago #13548 by swampedct
I've tried both with varying result, but none satisfactory.

When I use the access control level in the joomla menu I can see the link in frontend but get an access denied response when I click it.

When I set the access level through flexiaccess I can't even see the link in the menu in frontend and when I check the menu item list in backend it's missing the access control level.

I checked the database and when I use the joomla menu choice it sets a 2 in the field access for the menu item and when I use the access restriction in flexiaccess it sets a 3 instead.

Any ideas?

More
13 years 2 months ago #13872 by swampedct
Any new developments on this issue? Is it better perhaps to put it in the bug tracker?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline