Custom Frontend Forms

More
8 years 8 months ago #55540 by Bold
Custom Frontend Forms was created by Bold
Thank you again ggppdk for helping me out with my previous topic (custom templates). I am also looking into one custom frontend form. Once entered into the form by the User, items would populate the custom template. I read the tutorial here and have a few questions about this:

you need to create a joomla template override for the file:

components/com_flexicontent/views/item/tmpl/form.php

copy above file to templates/mytemplate/html/com_flexicontent/item/form.php
modify it to suit your needs

To modify this to display the fields I want the User to enter, can you provide an example code snippet or point me to another thread that has the information about what to lines to modify in the form.php? Like the custom template in my previous query , I'd like to wrap the frontend entry fields in named divs, so I can apply CSS styling.

Thank you for any info you can provide!

Best,
-Bold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #55542 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Custom Frontend Forms
you didn't need to override view
try item form tab html .. field => you can add div tabs fielset custom html in your form

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #55548 by Bold
Replied by Bold on topic Custom Frontend Forms
Thanks micker, with the method you described will I be able to customize a frontend User form to look like the following mockup?

Are these the correct tutorials to put me on the right path, or are there examples I should look at for guidance?
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Bold. Reason: hiding private info from image

More
8 years 8 months ago #55552 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Custom Frontend Forms
Whith many works yes with with field ypu van add any HTML with class... After finishing with css

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
8 years 8 months ago #55555 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Custom Frontend Forms
Hello

mostly you can do it without a form override

1. you can use the field:
Custom HTML / TABs / Fieldsets
to structure the form

2. in Type configuration you can turn OFF and set default values for fields
such as ALIAS and language

3. you can set a single default category for the content type (but this will show up in the form)

but
1. you cannot hide all CORE fields, e.g. you cannot yet hide the category (* but you can use CSS to hide it)
2. you can not put the field label's inside the text fields as "placeholder" (prompt text)
(we missed this one)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 8 months ago #55564 by Bold
Replied by Bold on topic Custom Frontend Forms
Thank you again! We followed your steps and built a 2-column custom form for testing. The we created a Flexi menu link to that form. But the link produces a blank page. This is similar to the issue I had in my www.flexicontent.org/forum/28-templates-...custom-template.html previous thread. I tried switching the HTML parameter to global, XHTML, and html5 but all of them produced a blank page

Is there another configuration I may be overlooking?

I appreciate all your patience!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.331 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline