Search results only on title problem [SOLVED]

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #10266 by Vogglz
Hi,

hope you can help. Searching returns nothing besides results from the title in category view.

- I am using version 1.5.3c stable (r354)
- Fields are all searchable
- Items have not been copied
- Flexi search plugin is enabled, system content search is disabled
- I can see all the content in db table #__flexicontent_items_ext for which I am searching
- Strangely I cannot see the last item ID in table #-#__flexicontent_items_versions, although this item has been modified and is indexed in search table

Any ideas...? Thanks for all suggestions.

Regards,

Frank
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Vogglz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10273 by Vogglz
<<<<<<<<<<< EDIT >>>>>>>>>>>>

Ok now I am absolutely baffled. I have DISABLED ALL SEARCH PLUGINS (Flexicontent, Content, Weblinks, Contacts, Categories, Sections, Newsfeeds) and guess what?

After cleaning all admin cache, site cache, browser cache etc, the Search Box at category view is still working!!!

It seems something else than the plugins is handling the searching and results...

Any suggestions now?

More
13 years 7 months ago #10405 by F0l2saken
I have the exact same problem on the most recent version of flexi content, I can search for anything and it just shows me every single article in the category.

I've noticed this component does not work well with any sef component other than the joomla default which is a huge problem. I believe this is what is causing the problem as I have tested it with joom sef basic and ace sef free and with both the flexicontent has problems. The same has been reported for sh404sef from others.

Other than this the navigation you see to the right of the search doesn't work either, where it gives you the numbers and letters to quick jump to articles beginning with that number or letter, it just generates a link to your site that ends in # so if my site was flexicontent.com when I'd click on a to see articles with a the link it generates is flexicontent.com/# All that this does is redirects users to the home page and kicks them out of category view.

This happens with any SEF extension I tested, I can't use sef with flexicontent which is a huge problem.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10471 by Vogglz
F0l2saken - very good and simple solution by collacocca at this post:
www.flexicontent.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2139

More
13 years 7 months ago #10495 by F0l2saken
Thank you for replying but that's not my problem, my problem is the search doesn't work at all, I don't need the up and down arrows to filter them like that.

If I want to use flexicontent I cant' use joom sef, ace sef, sh404sef, or any sef component other than joomlas core sef because flexicontents search and alpha index will not work with them.

If I type in anything in the search box, no matter what I type even if it's aldkfjas;ldfkjasdflk it'll just show all the articles again (in category view) if I try clicking on a number or letter in the part that's supposed to let you see articles that start with a letter or number it'll boot me out to the home page because it generates an invalid link.

I made a post about this here which describes it in full detail and also points out where the problem is in the php file.

www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... =viewtopic

More
13 years 7 months ago #10496 by Vogglz
Ok, seems like a bigger problem than just search.

BUT, if you scroll down a little in the post, you'll see a simple script by collacocca which implements an 'instant' searchbox for your current view (category_items) which works very good. Might be all you need, check it out.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline