Menu is linked with com_content, not com_flexicontent

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #6216 by blomsma
Hi developers,

I've installed Flexicontent and have disabled the search plugin etc. The search results are the items from flexicontent. This is right.
But my menus are not linked to com_flexicontent, but to com_content. (example: http://website/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=6&Itemid=66)(the website isn't online, it's a intranet)
I've used the main menu, key concepts, top menu and other menu. These are still in the menu manager, but not linked to the flexicontent.
Where can I fix this? In which code?

I've read many posts but didn't find the solution.

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #6267 by Rehne
Which type you have chosen for the Menu Item Type?
Attachments:

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #6398 by blomsma
Hi Rehne,
Thanks...Now my menu-item-types are Flexicontent types.

But if I make changes in some Flexicontent items and later I want to uninstall the Flexicontent component, the changes I made doesn't appear in the 'old' articles in the Article Manager. I thought these changes were an automatic process.
Is there something I do wrong?

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #6592 by Rehne
sorry that I answer so late

I dont noticed your answering

when you work with FC
you can not work with the Article Manager (Note: You cannot edit an Archived Article.)

So you work only with FC Edit items, correct?

when you make changes here they are also in the items of the Article Manager because they are the same on

you can try it, when you unarchive one item in the Article Manager
edit this one in the Article Manager and click on review

whats going on, when you uninstall the Flexicontent
i do not know exactly because I have not done so yet
but your Problem (i think) is related with the version control of FC (could be but I'm not sure)

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #6614 by blomsma
Yes Rehne, I only make changes with FC Edit items.
When I do this, the changes are also shown in the articles with the section name FLEXIcontent in the Article Manager. But NOT in the existed articles before I installed FC.

My Article Manager look like this:
[attachment=0:1t56ay3b]<!-- ia0 -->Afbeelding 1.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:1t56ay3b]

I wonder if this is right. I understand that the items in FC are the same as the articles in the Article Manager (they also have the same article ID).
But in the Article Manager I've also the old ones with different article ID. So they were duplicated to FC with a different article ID.
That's why I think that when I'll uninstall FC, the changes I made with FC don't appear in the 'old' articles.

Is my FC working properly (when you check the image above)?
Attachments:

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #6616 by Rehne
Hi,

I do not know if I understand you correctly

Question 1:
Have you imported your old articels after you have installed FC?
It may not seem so!

In the screenshot i can see
that you also are working with joomla com_content (that means the Jommla structure of sections and categories).

FC use only one section (Flexicontent) -but you know that!?- an all FC categories are in the this section.

So you can edit items only, if these items are in an FC categorie.

Question 2:
Are the relevant items in Joomla categorie?

Excuse my bad English

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline