allow multiple files in field group

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #73358 by mauriciocgpereira@gmail.com
Hello,

I noticed that it's not possible to assign "Allow multiple values" to file's field if the field is inside a field group, so is there any workaround I can use to achieve this?

I need to be able to do the following:
- each item as 1 or several audio zip files, according to a determined language
- each audio zip file has several mp3 files
- so I want to be able to add several zip files and associated with each one of those zip files I need to add several mp3 files.

Thanks
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by mauriciocgpereira@gmail.com.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #73359 by micker
no sorry that the limit of group field (can be override), any field can by multivalule inside

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #73364 by mauriciocgpereira@gmail.com
Sorry, I didn't quite understand your answer.

Here are 2 images describing what I said:

As noticed when a file field belongs to a field group it no longer can have multiple values.

As described earlier I need to have a field group with several fields. One of the fields is a file field, but I need to be able to add more then one file, so it was important the "Allow multiple values".

So is there any workaround to achieve the same effect?

Thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by mauriciocgpereira@gmail.com.

More
5 years 10 months ago #73365 by micker
as i say if you use a field in group you can't add multivalue for this field the multivaue is for the groupfield

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
5 years 10 months ago #73366 by mauriciocgpereira@gmail.com
Ok.
So is there any workaround to achieve the same effect?
I could predetermined a certain amount of fields for the file, but I don't know how many, because each audio field tab (each one associated with a language) can have 1, or 100, or 200, file fields associated.

More
5 years 10 months ago #73367 by micker
no workarrounf its a limitation by sql structure (allow stability, and performance)
maybe retink your content with relation between 2 types ..

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline