Approval System

• saias
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 11 months ago #6984 by saias
Approval System was created by saias
How can i turn the approval system off. I have a trusted group of editors that will submit articles at the frontend. I don't want to approve every single items that they will submit. Is there a way of configuring flexicontent to do that?

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #6986 by kenmcd

• saias
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 11 months ago #6988 by saias
Replied by saias on topic Approval System

kenmcd wrote: .
See: Global Configuration

Sorry, could you please be specific. I went through the list probably 10 times and could not find the option. Do you mean the Flexicontent Global Configuration?

thanks.

More
13 years 11 months ago #7186 by gymrat
Replied by gymrat on topic Approval System
yes i would also like to know how front end users can have their articles automatically approved. i looked in flexicontent's global configuration and can't seem to find it.

also, users with author access can't submit articles. only registered users can. is there a way to only allow users with 'author' access to submit and not registered users?

thank you in advance.

More
13 years 11 months ago #7192 by jcc
Replied by jcc on topic Approval System

gymrat wrote: users with author access can't submit articles. only registered users can. is there a way to only allow users with 'author' access to submit and not registered users?

You need to set the frontend permissions. With flexicontent, it doesn't matter whether you're an author, manager or registered etc. Flexicontent permissions set the rules for its users. I suggest the following steps:

1. Log in to backend as admin
2. Go to Components > FlexiAccess
3. Click on 'Groups'
4. Create groups (eg. group1) by clicking on the 'collective'
5. Choose the user/users you would like to be in group1, by double clicking on the name of the user/users (under available users list)
6. Set the level for this group ( say level 2 ) then save.
7. Go to 'frontend & contents' under flexiaccess.
8. Open the Articles main folder and click on a category that you would like group1 to send items to (from the frontend)
9. Now, click on the red circles to give them ticks. Ticks = yes.

That's it!

However, you still need to setup an upload page.

1. On joomla menus, create a new menu with Flexicontent > Single Item > Item Submission Form.
2. On the right side, make sure that it is on Articles type.

Now, to prevent others from accessing this page and the category (identified above) - Go back to the steps above and give permissions accordingly.

Hope that this will help you.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.461 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline