No menu item on flexicontent list filter module

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #72082 by bytekultur
I have a similar problem to the one mentioned here: flexicontent.org/forum/21-troubleshootin...lists-filtering.html

But instead of the wrong menu item, none is active, so my URL looks like this after filtering:
/component/flexicontent/32-categoryalias.html?cc=e0ee36c1bd7c3dc761a0d594a4b76f5f

Obviously, the filtering module is not displayed any more, as it's restricted to the menu item i would like to display the list and filter. I helped my self with an override of the filter module's tmpl output, but the URL is still a generic component URL instead of my menu item's one... Any suggestions?

The override I am using for now, if some one is interested:
/modules/mod_flexifilter/tmpl/default.php

I added this before the form's end tag "</form>"
Code:
<?php $activeMenuItem = JSite::getMenu()->getActive(); $Itemid = $activeMenuItem->id; if(empty($Itemid)){ $Itemid = JFactory::getApplication()->input->get('Itemid'); } ?> <input type="hidden" name="Itemid" value="<?php echo $Itemid; ?>" >
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by bytekultur.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #72096 by ggppdk
Hello

that is how URLs are created for categories when no menu item for the category or of its parent categories are a found

do this
1. For your categories create menu items for at least their top-level parent categories
2. Configure the filtering module to be assigned to the menu items you created

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
6 years 1 month ago #72216 by bytekultur
Thank you for your reply.
I know and it makes total sense for URL's for which no menu exists.

1. I have a category "news" with 3 subcategories. There also is a menu item "news" linking to the category "news". The items are stored in the subcategories, which have no menu, but I even tried making one and it didn't change anything.

2. See screenshot - that's what I assumed to be the setting, but it has no effect...
Attachments:

More
6 years 1 month ago #72225 by ggppdk
Hello

There were some fix / update regarding the categories and submit URL of the filtering module
that were made after you created this issue,
and the updated code maybe related

github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck...c846017cdc8fa2207a8d

Can you test in a testing copy of the web-site by installing via URL:
github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck...e/3.2.1.x-stable.zip

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.624 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline