[use unique alias]alias field add article id on alias

More
10 years 7 months ago #39725 by pabro
Hi,

i dont know if this is an issue of flexicontent but i think ...

today i want to create a new article ... but if I save, alias field is add the id after alias value:

article-title_1762

I dont need this and i dont want to have this, and i can not remove, after new save its added again ... its only on articles with same titles like in other already exist articles ... (I hope you anderstand ;) ) my sef component (sh404sef) is already added the id to url, so i dont want to have this in alias field because with this its twice in url ...

this issue is new, i didnt have any problem with same titles one different articles till today ...

Thank you :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #39726 by pabro
FLEXIcontent version 2.1.0 r1742a

More
10 years 7 months ago #39734 by ggppdk
Hello

the alias is already used by some other item,
did you try using a slightly different alias?

an alternative would be to fail the saving process

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 7 months ago #39750 by pabro

the alias is already used by some other item,

yes i know, but this was not an problem till yesterday. If i use an unique alias there is no effect but i need to use the same alias ... and to make different and unique urls i have configured sh404sef to add id to url. Unfortunately there is no way to remove the added id in alias, except to edit database entry :?

More
10 years 7 months ago #39752 by ggppdk
Hello,

people, reported same alias as a bug, so that is why we "fixed" this

also Joomla make sure that alias is unique, but without auto-setting an alias, instead it gives you an error it sets an alias that also includes date

-- why do you want / need to use same alias?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 7 months ago #39755 by pabro
Would it be able to add an option in configuration to enable/disable the suffixed id? This would be nice!!

All SEO-Components has an option to add item id to url. Its easier to add extra suffix or different value manually to alias in special point of use instead to delete an automatical generated but non wanted value which is not be able to remove ... so i can not understand to report same aliases as an bug. But this is my subjective point of view ;)

-- why do you want / need to use same alias?

I want to have an clean as possible url. Since my SEO component is already add id to url so i dont need to add the id ahead in alias. We have some articles with same title (names of products, period tests and so on) and dont wish to add more text as this one to title. The alias should be same as title and clean as possible without added non informal value. To make unique urls i have sh404sef :)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline