latestnews/mostread sef routing problem

More
12 years 5 months ago #20225 by ViveLeFlexicontent
Hello dear friends,

I use the mostread and latestnews module. And because I had many problems with acesef I turned off the automatic url generation.
This seemed to solve a lot of problems and now finally I'm slowly heading towards a 404 free site. A couple of hundred less a day :oops:

Just 1 problem remains, new items sometimes refuse to use a sef url I create for them.

The modules causing the non movable non-sef urls is latestnews and mostread. Even if I create 301's it refuses to use the sef url.
I've been trying to get this problem fixed since I disabled the automatic sef generation. Tried so many things without luck.. And don't know in which direction I should continue to find the solution.

Is it a flexicontent cache problem, routing or something else.
Is it acesef.. hard to work with it or change anything cause if I update the urls in purge update it tends to permanently delete everything :shock: and I'd rather not have a heartattack because of the stress :D

And for anyone who's interested I've adapted the latest news joomla module to flexicontent. Can't find the original post here on the forum where another member posted the mostread adaptation for flexicontent.
So let me know if someone wants it.. Ill post it here

Any help or comments would be much appreciated, I know sef/seo is one of the most difficult areas to get help in

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #20233 by ggppdk
If you are a developer, you could easily get FLEXIcontent links that can be made to SEF urls, by altering the module code to include this:
Code:
<?php require_once('components/com_flexicontent/helpers/route.php'); ... $article_id = ...; $cat_id = ...; $menu_itemid = ...; // a menu item id that points to FLEXIcontent, needed for versions older than v1.5.6 // be careful to use a public menu item id that is published, this way you should avoid 301 errors etc $link = JRoute::_( FlexicontentHelperRoute::getItemRoute($id, $catid, $menu_itemid) ); echo "<a href='$link'>Title of item"; ... ?>
Read more here:
www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... pic#p20187

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 5 months ago #20270 by ViveLeFlexicontent
thanks ggppdk!!
including the router is probably the problem. just strange that it doesnt happen all the time..

it's like if it stores the real non-sef url instead of the sef url the first time it refuses to switch over to the sef one. at least since I turned the automatic generation off.
cant find anything in the database either.

and the sef url matches the real url, so it should recognize it and display the sef one.
will try and add the router to it. hope it helps. ;)

More
12 years 5 months ago #20289 by ggppdk
I did not test, if we need to include other files, it should work and you will get valid FLEXIcontent items SEF URLs

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 5 months ago #20306 by ViveLeFlexicontent
I responded too quickly.
The routing is working. I use the mod_mostread module listed here www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... opic#p4926
and made the mod_latestnews the same way.

But they both have this problem
The real url matches the sef url, but it refuses to use it with the new items.
So am thinking it might be a couple of things.

- it's not using the acesef advanced router.
- mod_rewrite problem

Wish I could find information on the acesef forum. And or change these values somewhere manually. Like if only these modules stored the links somewhere so I could change them to the correct ones..
Tried just about everything to get this to work instantly, creating 301's cleaning cache...

More
12 years 5 months ago #20347 by ViveLeFlexicontent
Problem solved..
it was acesef
not that their support helped me, when I explained the problem he asked me if I was sure I was using flexicontent (lol/cry)
anywho finally Im out of problems to solve. and to top it of my fight against acesefs 404's has gave me a nice prize in the form of a pagerank of 1.
yeah just 1.. but it's a very welcome start :D

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline