Blank page when viewed on virtual host

More
14 years 4 months ago #1932 by gymrat
I am using Flexicontent beta5a for a site I am developing locally (MAMP). Flexicontent items show up fine on my local machine but when I moved the site to a virtual host using my computer as a webserver (I want to let my client see the site on the internet), the site shows up fine but the pages that display Flexicontent items are blank. Does anyone know might be causing this? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1935 by bsky92
Hi

I have been looking on the forum for the answer, I'm sure Emmanuel already answered a similar question, it was about the software or engine you use as virtualhost, but I can't find his post right now.

I'll check again, but can you just explain what configuration you are using? I am pretty sure this is not a Flexicontent problem, but a virtualhost software one

More
14 years 4 months ago #1954 by gymrat
thank you for looking into this. i am using mac os x 10.5.8. my virtual host settings are as per superfancy.net/coding/php-mysql- ... x-leopard/

the only difference is i didn't install mysql, what i did was moved the mysql.sock file from

/application/mamp/tmp/mysql/mysql.sock

to

/var/mysql/mysql.sock

i use a dynamic domain from dyndns.com. i have been looking at the forum as well but can't find anything similar to my problem.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1956 by kenmcd

Have you changed your Joomla configuration file to reflect the external domain instead of the local address?

You say you are using dyndns for internet routing.
So you would need to have this URL in your config file.

Also does your virtual host configuration also reflect this external domain/URL?

More
14 years 3 months ago #2026 by gymrat
thanks for the suggestion. you were right, i didn't update my joomla config. but that didn't do it either. i think it was the way i installed mysql. anyway, i've given up and reverted to the old way with mamp. thank you again for the help.

happy new year to everyone! hope 2010 will be a terrific year for all.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2049 by unleash.it
But it's kind of strange if the rest of the site is working besides Flexicontent pages.

A blank screen usually means that error messages are turned off. Check your php.ini. If you can turn them on it might be a clue.

Try turning gzip off in your Joomla global config. I've had that cause a blank screen with other extensions.

Not sure if it's your answer, but hopefully it helps...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline