[solved] Huge performanc problems using flexicontent

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #9419 by sumawelt
Hi,
I run a site with over 800 articles (growing daily) and now I want to switch from a wordpress component to flexicontent. For testing purposes I installed two versions of the site on a testing server. One version is a 1:1 copy of the entire site and the other one uses flexicontent. I do not use the joomla cache because I had lots of problems with it but till now the over-all-performance of the site was ok: about 4 seconds for the original site on the testing server for a category page with 10 articles without flexicontent.
The loading time for the same page using flexicontent is 21 seconds which is definetly too much.
Since the problem occured directly after installing flexicontent I assume the problem must be with flexicontent.
Any ideas?
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sumawelt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #9532 by sumawelt
OK, I think its not flexicontents' fault but its strange anyway:
First I deactivated everything that did not directly belong to Joomla - still slow. Then I deleted all 800 articles and reimported them with the "export content" component. After binding the articles in flexicontent everything was fine.
Does anyone have an idea why I had to delete and reimport all articles in order to get an acceptable performance?

More
13 years 9 months ago #9541 by micker
... nothing .. import problme ...
sorry
can you edit your post to add [solved]
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 8 months ago #9606 by sumawelt

micker wrote: ... nothing .. import problme ...
sorry
can you edit your post to add [solved]
regards

I edited and renamed it but this still is a problem for me so it's not really solved.
Using a copy of the original site and iporting the content to flexicontent using the standard procedure as described in the documentation did lead to poor performance. Also using 3rd party components to import 800 articles is a lot of work which I'd like to avoid not to mention the transfer of all the attached images and the comments that were not moved and will have to be inserted by hand now. I'm still trying to find a way to cleanly convert my "Wordpress for Joomla Site" into a "Flexicontent site".

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #13775 by gswahhab
I was having similar issues with performance it was related to using lots of subcategories. See the fix below which helped a lot. I am still working on more tweaking performance.

I also used some if statements in the flexi plugins so they wouldn't load unless being used.

We have 6 main categories which each have about 12 subcategories and about 3000 articles.

This fix is strictly related to displaying sub categories though.

code.google.com/p/flexicontent/i ... tail?id=93
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by gswahhab.

More
13 years 2 months ago #13778 by micker
great news
thanks for your work

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline