Remove Category IDs from URL?

More
13 years 9 months ago #8954 by scank
Hi,

My setup involves individual items being linked to many categories. This is so that users can browse to the item via different methods (which is exactly what I wanted! :D )

However, because I have setup categories with the same name (in different locations) they obviously have different IDs which I dont have a problem with, but this is shown in the URL; like this:

../index.php/range/15-dairy.html

Is there a way I can remove '15-' from the URL? An ID also appears on my item view aswell. Like this:

range/item/1-milk.html

Again, I would like to be able to remove the ID from the URL. I have tried HP Router plugin (third party) but it does not work with FlexiContent. Is this possible at all to achieve?

Thanks for any help, and I have to say I love FlexiContent so far.. it's so much easier to control than K2!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8956 by micker
hello you use a sef composant ? are joomla SEF ?
with joomla sef it's not possible
with acesf it's possible
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 9 months ago #8958 by scank
Replied by scank on topic Remove Category IDs from URL?
Hi Micker,

Yes I was just using Joomla SEF? I'm downloading AceSEF now (the free 1!) I'll let you know if I can/can't get it working. Thanks for your help.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8969 by micker
hello
after installing
install flexicontent extention ACESEF
and in configuration panel remove id option in url
Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
13 years 9 months ago #8987 by scank
Replied by scank on topic Remove Category IDs from URL?
Yes I have done all this and it appears to work very well! ... However I have noticed one issue which is confusing me.

The alias of a menu item (a flexicontent menu item) and the alias of the category (assigned in flexicontent) both appear in the URL. For example:

'.com/range/range/dairy/milk.html'

I can't understand why AceSEF or flexicontent is using the menu item alias and then the category alias BOTH in the URL. Couldnt find an option to edit this one easily either :x

More
13 years 9 months ago #8995 by micker
hello did you use the flexicontent option of acesef plugin ?(it's possible)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.586 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline