Blank Screen when Editing Existing Item

More
13 years 10 months ago #7904 by audiosoft
Just installed FLEXIcontent 1.5.3 and FLEXIaccess 1.05a. When I click the edit link on a existing article in the Frontend (the group I am in has edit permission for this item) I get a blank screen. This occurs in both IE8 and Firefox 3.6.4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #7912 by vistamedia
Hi,
Could you set the error reporting to maximum on your joomla configuration (server tab) so that we can see what is hidden behind this blank page ;)
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
13 years 10 months ago #7917 by audiosoft
Hi Emmanuel

I turn on error logging, the logged information appears at the bottom of each page apart from the page after the edit link is clicked, just blank with no logging information.

The source of this page simply contains the following information:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv=Content-Type></HEAD> <BODY></BODY></HTML>

The version of Joomla is 1.5.15

Regards
Ian

More
13 years 10 months ago #7919 by vistamedia
Hi Ian,

Sure you activated that:
[img

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

Cause the display you sent to me is a bit strange :roll:

Additionnaly, could you give me your server conf and if you use a sef extension, please provide me it's name.

Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
13 years 10 months ago #7923 by audiosoft
Hi Emmanuel

On accessing the Joomla configuration panel to get the version information of the other installation extensions I discovered that the JCE Editor configation has become corrupt, as trying to access its configuration settings results in the error:
Code:
JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1146 - Table 'joomla.jos_jce_plugins_tmp' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT COUNT(id) FROM jos_jce_plugins_tmp

Tried the TinyMCE editor and no WYSIWYG editor and still got the blank page, but it may be possible the the site has become corrupt.

The system configuration is:
    OS System: CentOS (based on Red Hat Linux) running in a VMware virutal machine
    PHP Built on: Linux intranetServer.audiosoft.local 2.6.18-164.15.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Mar 17 11:37:14 EDT 2010 i686
    Database Version: 5.0.86
    Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
    PHP Version: 5.2.11
    Web Server: Apache/2.2.14 (EL)
    Web Server to PHP interface: apache2handler
    Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.15 Stable [ Wojmamni Ama Mamni ] 05-November-2009 04:00 GMT

More
13 years 10 months ago #8188 by audiosoft
Hi Emmanuel

If I disable FLEXIaccess then the editing page appears when the edit button is clicked. Looks like I am going to have remove my rather complex permissions in FLEXaccess and then re-apply them step by step to see if I can locate the problem.

Regards
Ian

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.363 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline