FLEXIContent Updates

More
1 month 3 days ago #85465 by iamrobert
Hi,

I've noticed this FLEXIContent announcement  about J5:
  1. A FLEXIContent 4.X series compatible with J3-J4-J5 without a compatibility plugin.
  2. A wholly rewritten Flexicontent 5.X series with a new MVC system for J4-J5-J6

I'd like to understand more:
  1. Why is the compatibility plugin required?
  2. What does the compatibility plugin resolve? JQuery?
 Regarding the 5.X series rewrite:
  • What are the main issues that need to be resolved in this rewrite?
  • What's the expected timeframe for this extended development?
  • How will this affect current users and their existing FLEXIContent implementations?
What migration path do you recommend for users currently on older versions? Should they wait for the 5.X series or upgrade to 4.X when it becomes available?Please share any insights.Thanks,Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago - 3 weeks 2 days ago #85474 by micker
Replied by micker on topic FLEXIContent Updates
hello
the compatibility plugin is a b/c joomla core plugin (less performance with deprecission ), next release will be ok with this plugin
remove jquery is an other history need to check all library ... not
for new mvc system its only for flexicontent core file no impact for update but we will remove j3 compatibility
For now we have 5 issues on next release and i works on more stable template solution :
- remove html5 file
- update all template with grid and flex css
i will need some testeur or some help if you can

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]
Last edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by micker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline