User Groups Permissions, joomla ACL in front end for FlexiContent Categories

More
2 months 15 hours ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #84946 by rvbgnu
Hi everyone!

After successfully managing the Content and Structure, with front end Views and Forms, I am moving forward with this great web application.

I would like to make some improvements with FlexiContent, and I need some help. I used before the Joomla ACL and the Status/Author changes in the backend, but I don’t know how to achieve this in the front end, and authorise the relevant user group for that.

Web app context:
 - The main Content Type is Members, so a group of Members, with other Content type: Details information, Events, etc...
 - The Status of the Group of Members can be Active ( = Published), Inactive ( = Unpublished), Archived, or On Waiting List ( = a new status like In Progress)
 - The 2 User groups are Managers and Workers: Only the Managers can change the Status of the Group of Members. Managers can see all Groups of Members and their content

Then the typical workflow is:
 - a Manager changes the status of a Group of Members to Active, and affect this Group to a Worker user.
 - a Worker can only see a Group of Members that are Active AND affected to him/her
 - also, all the Content, like Details, Info, Events, etc, inside the Group of Members (a Type and a Category in FlexiContent), should use the ACL from the parent Group of Members = a Member can only be seen by a Worker if the Group of Members is affected to him/her and Active.

I read the Documentation and Tutorials, and used the search as well, about the FlexiContent Workflow feature, and finally, I don’t think I would need this. And I don’t need email notification and content to be validated/published by 2 or more users. So it should be feasible with the joomla ACL an all the Permissions available at different levels in FlexiContent.

I have created the 2 Joomla user groups, for Managers and Workers. I tried using the Status and Author fields, tweaked the ACL, but I cannot make it work in the front end.

Please would have an idea or similar Use Case I could look into, to find a solution?

Kind regards,
Herv
é
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by rvbgnu. Reason: typo correct to spot ACL easier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #84951 by micker
hello actualy i didn't think its possible like this and with core because you need to use joomla 4 workflow feature and flexicontent doesn't realy use it (need to be dev)
in fact you can assign ACL to each field ... but not sure about your goal

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #84972 by rvbgnu
All right, Thank you Yannick. it may be more a matter of fine tuning joomla ACLs.

I have to dig more and test a few settings to see how it could work. I will share back my findings ;-)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline