Navigation (Next/Previous Item) | Order is not inherited from category view

More
4 years 11 months ago #76626 by MatGod
I have a field of type Navigation (Next/Previous Item). The field work but does not use the same order as the category view.

The category view order is from the category order but the field seems to use the creation date.

The only information I find is this topic.

Here some information that could help.

Each item have associations (French/English)
The French version and the English version have different categories.
Both languages ​​have a category menu item (Flexicontent), each using its respective category.

Also, I use the term "category view" because it's the term that was used in the topic I linked above. I assumed it means the menu item with the type "category".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #76627 by ggppdk
Hello

it supports single category

It can use already calculated list ,
github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck...cpagenav.php#L88-L90

or if you visit the item view directly it will create category model, and then get item list and cache the item ids list
github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck...agenav.php#L392-L404

it does not support category layouts like "myitems" or tagged items
also check if you are accessing item view secondary category URL , its listing inside the secondary category should be used

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
4 years 10 months ago #76648 by MatGod
Hello, the problem was solved by some magic (probably time). I didn't understand the code you linked, but I assume my problem had to do with the cache you were talking about.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline