Disable "My files" button for image field

More
5 years 1 month ago #76316 by bendeb
Hello,

I use Flexicontent for about 7 years now but I don't know how to perform some things, even if they are simple :lol:

My question : for image field type, is there a way to disable "My Files" button (in component or field configuration) in order to only have the first button to upload image ?
See pictures :
I want to disable the button marked by red arrow.

For now, I just put a display:none in css to disable it, but if there is a way to disable it in configuration, could you tell me please where I can do that ?

Thank in advance.

Flexicontent 4.1.0b1
Joomla 3.9.18

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #76317 by micker
now you can't do it for 2 raison :
- user can't select an old uploaded image
- user can't upload multi file
but you check new display in one line in image field form tab

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
5 years 1 month ago #76328 by bendeb
OK, thank you Micker :)

Flexicontent 4.1.0b1
Joomla 3.9.18

More
4 years 11 months ago #76740 by bytekultur
I am interested in this, too, but I don't really understand your answer, Micker. My client needs exactly that: a simple image field to upload an image that is deleted from the server or removed when replaced by a new uploaded file (some sort of a profile picture / avatar feature, no need to store a history of unused / old uploads).
As it seems to be possible, could you explain in a bit more detail?

Also, the drag & drop feature is cool, but the way it is designed currently, most of our clients stumble upon the fact that they have to activate it first by clicking the upload button. I can imagine you meant to offer either the upload view or the preview of the image, but if that's the case, to understand it, it would have to be displayed in tabs with clear labels like upload view and preview or something like that (so the switching is understood by an end user).

Is there a way to have it active right away or just have an upload button instead? I think the latter used to be possible and was quite handy, for our current situation it would be more than enough. Or can I savely create an override for the form field's display?

More
4 years 11 months ago #76744 by micker

I am interested in this, too, but I don't really understand your answer, Micker. My client needs exactly that: a simple image field to upload an image that is deleted from the server or removed when replaced by a new uploaded file (some sort of a profile picture / avatar feature, no need to store a history of unused / old uploads).
As it seems to be possible, could you explain in a bit more detail?

its not possible because flexicontent doesn't store only an image url bug size, usage (using in item) and more ... => in file manager you can find orfan file .. with a basic image field you can do it
if you need a basic field use media manager option in your image field

Also, the drag & drop feature is cool, but the way it is designed currently, most of our clients stumble upon the fact that they have to activate it first by clicking the upload button. I can imagine you meant to offer either the upload view or the preview of the image, but if that's the case, to understand it, it would have to be displayed in tabs with clear labels like upload view and preview or something like that (so the switching is understood by an end user).

we can debat on it BUT i have many user that use uploaded image instead of upload function ...
for now user can do more in min step
1 if he want to upload 1 image he can use drag drop directly
2 if he want to upload more than 1 image he have the plusupload system in modal => he can upload AND rename on fly ...
we prefere more functions then a too basic field

in fact i am agree with workflow click to display upload zone isn't realy good ... we need to find a better way for this part

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
4 years 11 months ago #76745 by bytekultur
OK I understand. Image manager is another option, I agree, but then I do appreciate the automatic resize. And the image manager, whilst certainly simpler as an implementation, is not necessarily offering less functionality to the user than the flexicontent image field. What's missing for some (quite a lot) purposes is a configuration which just lets you upload a single image for display without having to actually manage resources or settings on the server. My impression is, since end users are used to interfaces like facebook, whatsapp, instagram etc., that is often just about what they can or want to cope with. I recall there is (or was in the past) an option to keep or discard of unused files on the server, is that not in use any more? It seems to me that discarding unused files would make it possible to only manage a single image with a drag & drop file replacer and the usual, great resizer / thumbnails functionality.

But: I didn't meand to say the option to have access to a file manager it self is redundant or not useful, just while sometimes great to have, it is often too much functionality.

Regarding the upload process: the reason I think of tabs instead of buttons is that I believe this could tell the users that there are different views for different purposes, i.e. a preview, a single upload section and a file management, and help with their acceptance of having to switch.
Tabs like this: cloud.netlifyusercontent.com/assets/344d...155944bc/atebits.jpg
But see this as an input rather than a feature request.

Thanks for the detailed answer anyway.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline